Re: Fission 2.6.1 w/ FRM o/c @1100

DJBlue

Reaction score
The kernal is NOT capable of wired tether, its missing some critical elements.

Becaue I overclocked to 1100 my wifi wil no lpnger connect, at all, to anything. How do I get it hck to square one without losing everything?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm using EasyTether as we speak with no problems.

OP
D

DJBlue

Reaction score

Well congratulations, thats fantastic, thank you for sharing. That being said, exactly how is that in any way relevent to resolving my issue? It's not working at all for me, and hasn't since i overclocked 2.4.3 way back when it came out. And it seems getting a straight answer or assistance from anyone is like pulling teeth.

dmoriarty

Reaction score

Well congratulations, thats fantastic, thank you for sharing. That being said, exactly how is that in any way relevent to resolving my issue? It's not working at all for me, and hasn't since i overclocked 2.4.3 way back when it came out. And it seems getting a straight answer or assistance from anyone is like pulling teeth.

I guess it's relevant because of your OP where you stated the kernel is incapable of wired tether and he just let you know that it was. To get back to stock clock speed just download overclock or setcpu and set it back to stock.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Excuse me but what planet did you just drop in from. People are trying to help you to the best of their ability and that how you treat them.

I think uyou need to have a big cup of gratitude. And apologize to your fellow forum members. Be respectful, that #1 here in the Droid Forum.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Woo there cowboy. I think you better take a step back if you want people to really help you out. There was nothing wrong with what Urban said. It does seem to me that people are trying to assist YOUR problem. Maybe some day you'll be able to return the favor. If you don't start respecting your peers on DF, maybe a short vacation is in order.

OP
D

DJBlue

Reaction score

Woo there cowboy. I think you better take a step back if you want people to really help you out. There was nothing wrong with what Urban said. It does seem to me that people are trying to assist YOUR problem. Maybe some day you'll be able to return the favor. If you don't start respecting your peers on DF, maybe a short vacation is in order.

First and formost, for those offended, it wasn't my intention, therefore please do accept my apology. As for the unresolved issue at hand; still unresolved, with not one response from the developer or anyone else in the forums aside from to tell me their software is working correctly, which, in fact, does not address the issue I'm having. So with all do respect, can we either stay on topic? otherwise just close the thread.

Reaction score
First and formost, for those offended, it wasn't my intention, therefore please do accept my apology. As for the unresolved issue at hand; still unresolved, with not one response from the developer or anyone else in the forums aside from to tell me their software is working correctly, which, in fact, does not address the issue I'm having. So with all do respect, can we either stay on topic? otherwise just close the thread.

EDIT: I just re-read the OP and realized you were talking about wired tether, not wireless tether. Sorry for the mistake! I've never used wired tether and don't know anything about it. That said, it will probably be easier for others to assist you if you dish out more details about what exactly you've done and are trying to achieve.

I may be wrong about this so others please feel free to correct me. From my understanding, the Droid 2 kernel (on which all Droid 2 ROMs are based) does not support "access control" and Android Tether will alert you to that fact the first time you run it. I don't know exactly what "access control" does (and the Android Tether's FAQ, which I just visited, doesn't shed any light on that) but I know that I've been able to use Android Tether just fine without it (as have others).

In other words, what I'm saying is that you can just ignore the initial error message (which doesn't say that Android Tether doesn't work, only that "access control" isn't supported on our kernel). So, I guess the question now is whether you've actually tried to use Android Tether. If you have, and it isn't working for you, then that's a different matter!

As for why your wifi isn't connecting, I have no idea.

As for your last question (how to get it back to square one) what exactly do you mean by square one? Stock? The surest way is to SBF, unless you made a backup in ClockworkMod Recovery. You can backup your apps with Titanium Backup, which many people swear by... I prefer to install everything again from scratch myself, and thus don't use it. I do, however, use SMS Backup and Restore (which is available on the market) to preserve my text messages. If your phone contacts are already sync'd with GMail, then you don't have to worry about backing those up.

Last edited: