1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Fission updates via FRM for d2g...

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Global Roms' started by tRu3_sKiTz0, Apr 21, 2011.

1. tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0 Member

Hey all. I just recently flashed fission to my d2g and I am quite happy with it. I would however like to install the gingerbread theme with black pulldown and was wondering if I could just use FRM and install it that way or if I should manually install it. Or does it even matter? I just don't wanna screw anything up since everything is working pervectly right now. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Because for some reason, my threads seem to remain active and there have been many questions regarding this rom, I have decided to post the download and install instructions from the defuse site and also include a link directly to it. Again, I am not an expert. I never intended this thread to be a tutorial. I had a question and it wasn't answered and so I took a leap of faith and everything just happened to work out fine for me.

Just to be thorough, i also want to add that before I installed this rom, I installed the deodexed/busybox/rooted stock rom from the GRD sub-forum located HERE.

Then I followed the instructions located HERE

Below is a copy of the instructions quoted for the defuse site.

AGAIN, I AM NOT AN EXPERT AND I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR MISTAKES OR MISFORTUNES! I FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS AND IT JUST WORKED! PERIOD! I HAVE HAD NO ISSUES AND THEREFORE HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO FIX ANY ISSUES THAT YOU MAY HAVE!

IF YOU ARE INSTALLING THIS OVER ANOTHER CUSTOM ROM, YOU MAY LOSE SOME FUNCTIONALITY. IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THESE STEPS, YOU MAY LOSE SOME FUNCTIONALITY. THIS IS THE EXTENT OF MY FISSION KNOWLEDGE. BE SAFE AND ENJOY!!!!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  2. tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0 Member

Once again, I've answered my own question. I went ahead and took the leap and just installed the addons from FRM and everything is working just fine. I wish I would have just tried this rom from the start. It works like a dream. I really can't figure out why you would need anything other than fission for d2g. This rom is perfect in every single way... at least for me. I don't think I will be doing any more mods or updates from this point on. I have everything I want right here THANK YOU TEAM DEFUSE!!!!

3. apollyon0810

apollyon0810 New Member

I agree completely but I think your praise falls on def ears. 'Team Defuse" is more or less non-existant.
  4. satoru

satoru New Member

Just that there are quite a few bugs and other random things that don't work. I said the same thing when I first installed but now after some time have noticed its flaws. It is the best for d2g, atm.

5. tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0 Member

I haven't noticed any bugs so far. But then again I was looking for specific things that were problematic on other roms. What kind of bugs have you found?

6. satoru

satoru New Member

Random things like the camera is buggy, I can't get gps to work, my call screen will stay on when I end call but only every so often. I have to power down to fix. No windows media sync but I read somwhere that there's an easy fix for that. Stupid stuff, iv been running it for a few months now and am waiting for something better.

7. tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0 Member

Yeah like I said, I don't have any of those bugs whatsoever. My call screen always exits just fine. I use gps religiously and just recently set up my latitude acct. I never have to reset. As for media sync, that's a feature that I have never used so I wouldn't know. Its too bad that you have issues with yours because it really is an amazing rom when it works 100%.

8. apollyon0810

apollyon0810 New Member

I dont have any of those problems either.
  9. spiderman

spiderman New Member

gmail not working

ok i just put fussion on my d2g yesterday and i love it but i have a big problem with it and it very well could be something i did wrong since this is my 1st time rooting or putting a custom rom on my phone but i cannot get my gmail to work at all so i cannot get into market or get my contacts but everything else seems to work fine so if someone could help me out please
  10. satoru

satoru New Member

What version are you using?

11. spiderman

spiderman New Member

i have the fission rom lite 1.2.4 witch has the fission rom vesion 2.4.3 on it
  12. spiderman

spiderman New Member

i also have android version 2.2 and system version 2.4.330 on my stock os witch i have to keep reverting back to
  13. satoru

satoru New Member

I have the same version. Did you do a factory reset and set up your phone as you would the first time you got it? Try this it should install your apps. To get your contacts you should have saved them to a csv file if you didn't then log on your gmail on your computer and export a csv file then copy it to your phone and use it to import your contacts.

14. spiderman

spiderman New Member

when the rom boots its like the factory rest and i donno what a cvs is and it doesnt let me sign into gmail to start with at all i can get on the computer and sign but everytime i try to on the phone it tells me username and password doesnt match i even tryed throgh the email app on the phone and get the same thing and with out gmail i cant even get into the market
  15. tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0 Member

Are you sure you are suing the correct version? There is only one that works for d2g. That one is 2.4.3... I also don't know what steps you took to install it. I have not had any issues with this rom. Everything I have found suggests that you may be using the wrong version.

16. spiderman

spiderman New Member

i'm useing the one that says for droid 2 global only witch is the 2.4.3
  17. spiderman

spiderman New Member

the steps i used is the z4root then bootstraper then downloaded fission rom manger lite picked fission for globa only then loaded into clockloader wiped data an cache and installe from sd installed fission and rebooted
  18. tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0 Member

Yeah I don't know what you could have done. Try installing the full stock, deodexed, busybox rom and then reflash fission using th frm. That's the only sure fire way I can think of. Im at work so I will have to get back to you later. Good luck.

19. Bense

Bense New Member

It is difficult to take you seriously when you have not provided details as to what exactly you have done.

I'm simply assuming that you've got a d2g that originally had 2.4.330 stock rom, then rooted, then installed Fission Rom Manager 1.2.4

What version of Fission did you download with your Fission Rom manager 1.2.4?
    I just did it and it pulled this file: D2_Global_Fission_2.4.3.zip

You have numerous people on here that are questioning how to obtain similar results. If you are going to take the time to create this thread, please provide us some details of your discoveries.
  20. spiderman

spiderman New Member

ok i have d2g with with android version 2.2 and system version 2.4.330 i went and got the z4root and rooted it and then downloaded the frmlite 1.3.4 and then downloaded the d2g fission 2.4.3 and installed with wipe and rebooted and its not giveing me gmail i also have bootstrper
Search tags for this page

d2 global fission 2.4.3.zip