Ota blur rom?

floobmonsrake

Reaction score
Hi, does any one know of a ROM that is based off the OTA Kernal and is a full blur rom, or at least has some elements of blur? The reason I ask is because I really miss blur but dont wanna give up cm7, so in order to have blur back I was just going to use Boot Manager now that they have it for the d2. Only problem is I cant find one on the OTA kernal, and stock is just too slow for me. Something along the lines of Zombie STomped would be great.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried the new liberty yesterday. It's nice, but it's just a base,nothing special as of yet. It can't compare with my cm7 setup tho.

Bassaholic33

Reaction score
I tried the new liberty yesterday. It's nice, but it's just a base,nothing special as of yet. It can't compare with my cm7 setup tho.

The fact my battery life more then doubled with this ROM is enough for me.

jwezesa

Reaction score

Me too. I've been trying to kill it so I can finish calibrating! I'm on 32 hours since off the charge and at 29% with lots of use. I'm loving this. I wont go back to any other Tom unless it can get this great of battery life

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

cmunny

Reaction score

Yeah I agree I haven't found one that has battery life like this. It is amazing. Also it looks good. Also its fast.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi, does any one know of a ROM that is based off the OTA Kernal and is a full blur rom, or at least has some elements of blur? The reason I ask is because I really miss blur but dont wanna give up cm7, so in order to have blur back I was just going to use Boot Manager now that they have it for the d2. Only problem is I cant find one on the OTA kernal, and stock is just too slow for me. Something along the lines of Zombie STomped would be great.

I'd try Liberty for the D2, since DSX and ICX aren't available on the D2. I don't think you are going to get the same battery life using Boot Manager and a Blur based ROM since its still 2nd init.

What you can try, and it worked for me, was to run an older GB ROM and then make a Nandroid backup of it, then restore it into one of the slots of Boot Manager.

That being said, I use Boot Manager so I can run CM7 (my favorite ROM), and then boot into Darkslide so I can use my HDMI port to watch Netflix on my TV. Best app ever.

Boot Manager