repeated random reboots every 3-4 minutes

vaulter120

Reaction score
just what the title says...... my droid x i bought on dec 1 2010 and i can't even make a phone call longer than 2-3 minutes without a random reboot. while browsing this forum looking for the answer to my problem (aprox. 15 minutes) it's rebooted 6 times! this is very frustrating please give me some direction in how to fix this

Edit: further information i have not downloaded any apps.. i'm full stock

Last edited:
OP
V

vaulter120

Reaction score
Its starting to loop reboot sometimes now. A battery pull fixes the problem for 45 minutes or so. Anyone. Have any idea? !?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes. Did Verizon or you install any task killers or antivirus? If they did, remove those. If that doesn't fix it then you will need to do a factory data reset out of your privacy section. This will delete all your data and your free apps. Your paid apps should start to download when you sign back in. If they don't you will find them in the Market in your download area.

cpjr

Reaction score
You probably need to try wiping all data and cache first, then a full SBF recovery if that doesnt work. If it still persists, sounds like something is wrong with it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You probably need to try wiping all data and cache first, then a full SBF recovery if that doesnt work. If it still persists, sounds like something is wrong with it.

What are you talking about? He didn't say he was rooted.

maderschramm

Reaction score
What are you talking about? He didn't say he was rooted.

Actually, you don't need root to sbf flash. If wiping data/cache doesn't work then id try to sbf if this was me. If that doesn't fix, try to get a new battery from vzw, if that doesn't fix, replace phone.

OP
V

vaulter120

Reaction score
well tried swapping batteries with the wife's droid x and still rebooting like crazy.... i did talk to the tech at VZW he said he has gotten a dozen or so phone calls on this same issue and it's bad ram in the phone 9 out of 10 times.... the other one time it'e the battery. so i guess i got the ram end of it.... good thing i'm inside my 30 days. thanks for the help and ideas guys

earnric

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat... But I've had my phone for 3 months now: I did root about 2 weeks ago: all I've done is moved some of the bloat apps off to ".bup" (CityID, etc.) ...

Think this still could be a ROM issue?

earnric

Reaction score
is your proximity sensor working?

Mine? I'll check and get back to you tomorrow... :) ... Time for bed.

I left my X on the charger over-might and now it seems til be fine again... The prox sensor, during a call, seems to work fine... Of course the phone seems fine again.

Still think this is a hw issue? I've been paying the $6 per month for replacement guarantee: maybe I should use it! ?

Thoughts?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

earnric

Reaction score
Anyone else seen this problem (rebooting every 3 min or so)?

My X has been stable for the last few days -- but it's displayed this behavior twice now: I'm just waiting for it to start up again.

If anyone has seen this problem and has tracked it down to a particular app (or root issue) please let me know!

R

maderschramm

Reaction score
overclocking can cause instability, are you overclocking at all?

Anyone else seen this problem (rebooting every 3 min or so)?

My X has been stable for the last few days -- but it's displayed this behavior twice now: I'm just waiting for it to start up again.

If anyone has seen this problem and has tracked it down to a particular app (or root issue) please let me know!

R

earnric

Reaction score
overclocking can cause instability, are you overclocking at all?

No ... I am rooted, but all I've done is move CityID, Skype and few other apps off to ".bup"-land ... Otherwise, I haven't messed with it.

I have installed the Droid X Bootstrapper, and the SuperUser app ... But not much else.

Oh yea, I used z4 to do the rooting...