REMOVING google search suggestions?

hummed46

Reaction score
Hey all,

Its my first post and Im lost for answers. I have a Droid Incredible and Im running 2.3.4. I played with a lot of the different menus but I cant find what Im looking for on my phone. When I open google maps, turn my phone sideways (landscape), click the search box and begin typing something to search for, the phone automatically puts up bottons like a search history or suggestions type box. The first suggestion is always highlighted green. If Im searching for something specific to my area, I KNOW WHAT I WANT. My phone does not, but wants to give me suggestions. I KNOW that those suggestions are incorrect so I want to ignore them, but my problem is that the first suggestion in the history/suggestion box is always highlighted green so that when I've typed what I want my phone to search for and click the return arrow, instead of searching for what I WANT, it searches for whatever IT WANTS since it's highlighted the first suggestion for me.

When I turn my phone vertically (Portrait), it still shows suggestions in a list format, but none of these are highlighted, I can type what I want, click return, and it searches for what Ive typed. This would be great except for the fact that its alot easier to type with the phone in landscape.

I dont want to see the history bar when I type a website address, and I especially dont want to see the suggestions box when Im typing something out in google maps. How do I get this **** off my screen?

JuniorJays

Reaction score
Alright I figured out how to get it off the maps suggestion.

1. Your gonna open up Google maps

2. Press the menu button and it will load up a list of options

3.pick the option terms privacy and notices

4. Under that tab will be an option called web history

5. Clicking on this will take you to the internet and you will need to sign into your Google account

6. After entering your information , you will be brought to a web page with all of your infromation.

7. There is a list of options on the left, and maps will be one of.those choices.

8. This will bring up your map searches and click on the remove all web history at the top.

9. It will delete it all but then you need to confrim it at the top of the screen by pressing okay.

10. It will then pause your web history and you will need to click resume also at the top of the screen.

11. You can use all the tabs on side to delete other things and you will use the same 7-10 steps as before