Release Date

Lorie

Reaction score
I just called 2 best buys here in texas and they told me that the release date got move back til march 24 but i called verizon customer and they told me its still thursday for them:icon_ banana:

droiddon817

Reaction score
I have been calling and have got no answer as far as release date. Or one guy told me he recieves his HTC shipment tomorrow and will sale on 24th

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

atpjoe

Reaction score
I just called 2 best buys here in texas and they told me that the release date got move back til march 24 but i called verizon customer and they told me its still thursday for them:icon_ banana:

Morons. March 24th is a joke.

Sent from my GSBv1.2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
As of RIGHT NOW there's two things everyone needs to know:

#1 Best Buy people including managers etc, ANYONE who works in best buy, DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING.

#2 As of RIGHT NOW the release date will be within February, that is still subect to change.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
Yes..was told a lil bit ago that as far they know they are planning on a 24th release date for the TBolt. They didnt say it was a for sure deal but thats their current plan. Btw this came from a Manager at a Verizon Corp store, so take that with a grain of salt.

leonozug

Reaction score
I think at this point some people who work at Best Buy are just messing with people, giving random dates, because of how many calls they must be getting from people about the 'Bolt. I personally would never buy a phone from them. I only go to Verizon and get one-year contracts.

orthocoder

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just went to my local verizon store since people were stating on another thead they saw them at the stores-unfortunately not here in So Cal. They did say the tentative date is the 24th, but they said nothing solid. They also would not say if they had any in their stock area. Buggers.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

tthomson44

Reaction score
Our Corporate Business Account Exec was in our office today and I asked him and he said "was going to be the 24th but will be the very end of the month." I assume that is Monday.

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
Customer service and the local Ohio store did not have a clue on a release date.

Sent from my Vortex using DroidForums App

JFMFT

Reaction score
VZW *always* releases new devices on Thursdays. Even the iPhone followed this rule.

Unless something huge shakes things up... I don't see that changing. Doesn't mean it isn't possible... but I find it hard to believe it'll release on a Monday. Then again, stranger things in this life have happened... so don't take that as a "it can't happen". Just saying...

I posted this in another thread by the way, but I think it's worth mentioning here... VZW cellebrite machines are being updated to be compatible with 4G smartphone devices. Contained in the list of newly supported devices is the "HTC ADR6400L Thunderbolt", the full name for the Thunderbolt in Verizon's system. This points to a pretty immediate release as cellebrite machines are usually not updated unless they absolutely must be... it's usually one of the last things to be updated prior to a big profile launch.

Take it for what's it worth and read into it as much or little as you want.

Last edited:

StevieJ

Reaction score
I do agree with you on just about everything in your post, however... The Cellebrite update may or may not be proof of an imminent release. Anybody remember the HTC Merge? It appeared on the Cellebrite at one point and nothing ever came of it. HTC Merge Gets a Cellebrite Listing

I think that we will see an announcement today along with 4G data pricing.

Last edited: