[ROM] [Release] CushZero full 2.3.5

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sometimes certain roms use the LatinImeGoogle.apk instead. This one is from a froyo rom but it's worth a try if the other one doesn't work http://db.tt/YqAspNn

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Thanks for the links, I'll give them a shot. What should I have permissions set to?

EDIT: I moved the first link you posted to system apps, but everytime I try to install it says application not installed. What's going on there?

I will try the second link you posted as well.

EDIT 2: Tried your second link, and still no dice. It installed for me, but didnt seem to alleviate my problem...

Now im lost.......

jayoh

Reaction score
hmm maybe i did something wrong, this is the first time ive encountered this error when installing rom but when i install rom from sd it starts install package then get a msg sayin - "assert failed:get prop "sholes" E:Error installation aborted

i dont think i skipped any steps lol i was currently running miui but i went back to stock gb then sbf'd to froyo 2.2.1 i believe, then tried this rom today. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

OP
cush2push

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
hmm maybe i did something wrong, this is the first time ive encountered this error when installing rom but when i install rom from sd it starts install package then get a msg sayin - "assert failed:get prop "sholes" E:Error installation aborted

i dont think i skipped any steps lol i was currently running miui but i went back to stock gb then sbf'd to froyo 2.2.1 i believe, then tried this rom today. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

this rom isnt for the dx only d1 i dont have a dx rom if you're looking for a sweet dx rom try liquid's dx rom

OP
cush2push

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the links, I'll give them a shot. What should I have permissions set to?

EDIT: I moved the first link you posted to system apps, but everytime I try to install it says application not installed. What's going on there?

EDIT 2: Tried your second link, and still no dice. It installed for me, but didnt seem to alleviate my problem...

Now im lost.......

just got off work gonna see what i come up with

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Now im lost.......

Sorry, just got up. Yeah not sure why they're not working, usually it's one of those 2 apk's that are used for your user dictionary with all the spelling, punctuation, and capitalization. As posted above, I copy the file to /system/app, then change permissions, and reboot. I use root explorer to do this so when setting permissions the first column has all the boxes checked and the second column has just the first box checked, no boxes checked in 3rd column.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Sorry, just got up. Yeah not sure why they're not working, usually it's one of those 2 apk's that are used for your user dictionary with all the spelling, punctuation, and capitalization. As posted above, I copy the file to /system/app, then change permissions, and reboot. I use root explorer to do this so when setting permissions the first column has all the boxes checked and the second column has just the first box checked, no boxes checked in 3rd column.

Tried it exactly word for word the way you described, and still no luck. Im getting real frustrated with all this trial and failure.....

I do appreciate you helping me out with this though of course.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey, no problem. I'll look into more when I get off work in the morning. Maybe C2P will have an answer by then, hopefully.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I installed from scratch and tried the onscreen keyboard and the slide out keyboard. They both worked. I tried disabling the go launcher keyboard and it still works OK for me. All auto suggestions and punctuation is working OK for me so sounds to me like you may have to wipe and reinstall. By the way I enabled 3 languages of the online user dictionary in keyboard settings, all the English ones. I'm not sure if that makes a difference but it's worth a try.

Edit... well, it seems the go launcher keyboard was never disabled. I rebooted because of a force close and after checking it out, it was back to the go launcher keyboard again. So how did you get back to the default keyboard? I would like to test this out and see if I can find out what's going on.

Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I just restored a backup of my last rom, UD 3.3.1 to see if the auto correct and auto punctuate, etc functions worked on my physical keyboard --- they did, so it must be an issue my phone is having with the rom.

Here's my story. Downloaded CushZero to my phone. Rebooted to recovery. Wipe data 3x. Wipe cache 3x. Format boot. Format system. Wipe dalvik cache. Reboot recovery. Then, i flashed the rom.

Loaded up perfectly fine. Go keyboard fc'd right off the bat. Slid phone open to log into google account. Alt button wasnt working for me to select numbers. Slid keyboard back in and used Go Keyboard to sign in from there.

After getting to homescreen, i started setting up rom to my liking. Uninstalled Go Keyboard because of Alt button issue it gave to my physical keyboard. Found a latinime.apk online and installed that. Didnt fix the problem. No auto correct, auto punctuate, or auto replace for physical keyboard since the beginning.

Heres whats weird though. <----- see that right there? That period was created by me hitting space 2x. <----there it is again lol. It seems that is the only auto punctuate that works... It seems i have tried everything to get this to work. Still open for suggestions. If nobody else has the issue, then i will just reinstall rom because it may have been a bad install (dont know how that could happen though (?)). Otherwise, it seems it may be a rom issue. Then again, im so confused at this point i really dont know. <---2x space bar period haha.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had the force close with go launcher on initial setup as well but after a reboot, it worked fine. The weird thing is, as stated in my last post, if I try to disable go launcher, I eventually get a force close and then when I reboot it's re-enabled. The only time I didn't see auto correction working is after the force close and before the reboot.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, I reread your post. You uninstalled the go keyboard. What is the alt issue you speak of? Also, did you install another keyboard in it's place? I could be wrong but go keyboard might be the only keyboard that C2P provided with this rom. So if you uninstall the default keyboard app, there might not be another one to take its place causing issues. It might be worth looking into the market to see what other keyboards are available. I've never tried any besides the ones that come with roms and themes but I've never really had a need to.

OP
cush2push

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
ok soo im like 75% sure its in source i believe i removed the files needed for it to work w/o go keyboard of course i need git to come back up to be positive but i loaded up one of my testers on the new source and everything was kosher then latest test that i know of the framework file removed no dice apologizes for the frustrations it has caused

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Ok, I reread your post. You uninstalled the go keyboard. What is the alt issue you speak of? Also, did you install another keyboard in it's place? I could be wrong but go keyboard might be the only keyboard that C2P provided with this rom. So if you uninstall the default keyboard app, there might not be another one to take its place causing issues. It might be worth looking into the market to see what other keyboards are available. I've never tried any besides the ones that come with roms and themes but I've never really had a need to.

The alt issue i speak of is when i hit alt in order to use numbers on the physical keyboard, it wouldnt do anything. It would just hit the letter for that key (ex. Trying to hit the number 5, i would hit alt+t, but it would just bring up the letter t instead of 5).

As of right now, i do have swype and the default android keyboard installed. Are you saying that maybe i needed one of those installed before i removed Go Keyboard so it had a default to fall back onto?