Recovering Files from RAZR with 100% broken screen

mclax36

Reaction score
I have a broken screen on my razr. Can you still get into the phone if you have a security pin on the phone? I bought a lapdock and I haven't received it yet. I was wondering if you just plug it in that it will automatically hook up to the phone or do you have to type the pin in first and then connect it? Obviously with my screen busted I cannot type the pin in. Any help?

abnormalpsych

Reaction score
Lapdock

I have a broken screen on my razr. Can you still get into the phone if you have a security pin on the phone? I bought a lapdock and I haven't received it yet. I was wondering if you just plug it in that it will automatically hook up to the phone or do you have to type the pin in first and then connect it? Obviously with my screen busted I cannot type the pin in. Any help?

When you plug your phone into the lapdock for the first time it might take a minute to activate the webtop profile for the dock, but once it does, you'll be able to use the lapdock keyboard to enter in your pin or password. If you use the face recognition security, you might be screwed, because the camera is disabled in webtop mode. I'm not sure if there is a workaround like using a usb webcam plugged into the dock. Let's hope you don't have to figure that out.

mclax36

Reaction score
Ok great...I just have a pin and not face recognition. I have my new insurance phone already. I just dont feel comfortable sending in back with all my personal info on it. I think I get the lapdock today. Im pretty excited for it. Thanks for the help!

spidre409

Reaction score
That's what i was doing...counting clicks. I have it all mapped out now.

I too have a dead screen and want to just wipe my phone before I send back to Asurion, they replace the screen and get access to everything loaded on the phone. I am PRETTY SURE I have reset all the passwords on the accounts for apps that spend money but can't be sure...

You counted clicks? can you share your click map? Maybe provide a video of the button reset method somewhere?

Your help much appreciated..

M

blairmiller

Reaction score
Yeah, when you take a picture it is stored on the internal memory, not the sdcard. You have to move them to your sdcard if that is where you want to store them. But that doesn't help now. This is a hard one. When you turn your phone on you say you see a green light blinking. Is that light the led or a light on the screen. Also, when you power off the phone and power it back on does it appear to be booting?
Read more: How to Recover Lost Data from Android

Last edited:

renalyon

Reaction score
Glass shattered so bad screen guard held; but silver layer pristine...

The screen is completely gone... Phone boots fine; but with out touchscreen can not turn on USB so PC can recognize. Also, can't turn it off so have to let it drain if even turn it on. Tried connecting with HDMI: but again, with out touchscreen...pretty much screwed as far as I can tell.

Yeah, when you take a picture it is stored on the internal memory, not the sdcard. You have to move them to your sdcard if that is where you want to store them. But that doesn't help now. This is a hard one. When you turn your phone on you say you see a green light blinking. Is that light the led or a light on the screen. Also, when you power off the phone and power it back on does it appear to be booting?

blairmiller

Reaction score
Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD is an Android device designed by Motorola, which is the successor of the Droid Razr series. With similar dimension as the latter, Droid Razr Maxx HD offers better resolution display, as well as display size giving a better experience to users. It has all the great features that you would want for a smartphone including SMS, e-mail, instant messaging, music and video playback, camera, 4G, WiFi and calling.
Different files and data can be stored on this device including photos, contact list, videos, music, text messages and more. If you did not backup any of your files and you accidentally deleted them, you might feel really frustrated. But there is still a chance for you to get those deleted files back.

renalyon

Reaction score
Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD is an Android device designed by Motorola, which is the successor of the Droid Razr series. With similar dimension as the latter, Droid Razr Maxx HD offers better resolution display, as well as display size giving a better experience to users. It has all the great features that you would want for a smartphone including SMS, e-mail, instant messaging, music and video playback, camera, 4G, WiFi and calling.
Different files and data can be stored on this device including photos, contact list, videos, music, text messages and more. If you did not backup any of your files and you accidentally deleted them, you might feel really frustrated. But there is still a chance for you to get those deleted files back.

What are you talking about? I have a Razr Maxx, the touchscreen has been smashed. Nothing was backed up...I didn't delete anything...I didn't want the screen shattered so while accidents have happened and I am frustrated: NOTHING YOU SAID HELPS ME GET THE FILES STORED ON THE INTERNAL SD MEMORY SOLDERED TO THE MOTHERBOARD OF PHONE....

So, care to tell me how to get to those files...? {If not, please do not bother to reply. That sends me an email that gives me hope, ok}

Soccerref12

Reaction score
The screen is completely gone... Phone boots fine; but with out touchscreen can not turn on USB so PC can recognize. Also, can't turn it off so have to let it drain if even turn it on. Tried connecting with HDMI: but again, with out touchscreen...pretty much screwed as far as I can tell.

If bluetooth is turned on for the Razr, you might be able to connect to a laptop and pull files/pics that way...just a shot in the dark...good luck.

jameskuai

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG Optimis G
I suggest that you try this step by step guide that helped me before:
http://goo.gl/tvkmRR

It is easy to follow and worked well for me.

Last edited:

Kiroling

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung galaxy s5
Hey everyone,

So, my first RAZR suffered an accidental blunt force trauma injury back in January. After some spectacularly colorful death throes, the screen eventually went 100% black. The phone was still sensitive to touch in a couple select areas, but generally speaking the screen is 100% broken, dark, and unresponsive.

The question is, I have a lot of good photos that I took with it, even as it was dying. Any suggestions or tips for how I might get it recognized by my laptop to extract the files?

[Edit to add:]

Also, as an aside, I had the phone replaced through my insurance but they didn't even ask me to send the broken hardware in. So, I have this broken handset, but I know they're hard to repair. Anyone else had a similar case?
You can use MobiKin Doctor for Android to recover data from broken android phone.It is an easy-to-use software. You can have a try. Google it!

ChloeMoretz

Reaction score
Can it work for my S6?

Last edited:

jaba123

Reaction score
My problem is I am using Motorola ultra max
Suddenly my all pictures disappeared from phone please help me out

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you use Google photos app at all with your droid Maxx?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk