1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Receiving the same message multiple times, when it was only sent to me once

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by Coulterjosh, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh New Member

Is anyone else having the problem of receiving the same message from a person more than once like 5...6 times even more? I am using Go sms pro, but i was using hand cent and it even does it when i was using the stock text messenger. If this starts happening all i do is restart my phone and it quits for a maybe a day then starts again. Is anyone else having this problem of receiving the same message more than once when it was only sent to your phone once.... the reason that i know it was only sent to me once was because i tested it using my girl friends phone.
  2. cdf3

cdf3 New Member

Happens to me from time to time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  3. Jungle King 76

Jungle King 76 New Member

These phantom little quirks can pop up from tine to time. It had been a while for me or my wife but there were occasions where we would receive a text multiple times. I think it is a network thing and not necessarily a phone thing because it would happen for a few days than everything would be normal and weeks later it would happen again, then stop. We never had to do anything to "fix" it, it would just go away on its own.

One time i sent my wife a text that included the words, i love you and a few minutes later, my friend wrote back and joked about loving me too. I went back and checked my text and it showed that i sent it to my wife but for some reason it went to him.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk
  4. wendee2150

wendee2150 New Member

Happens to me every single day! Some days I will get one or two texts 3-4 times, and other days I'll get every text sent to me 3-4-5 times. Thankful for unlimited texting!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  5. mbell75

mbell75 New Member

I have noticed it happens when I look at my message right away, it doubles it. If I wait till the screen goes dark again and then look at it, its fine. Weird.
  6. Youthfulgeezer

Youthfulgeezer New Member

I am having the same issue on my Droid RAZR. VERY frustrating. Still havent seen a fix - anyone have any ideas?
  7. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Reboot the phone. This is typically a tower issue, rebooting the phone will register the phone with the tower again..

If it continues you might power off, remove the sim, power on. Now power off, replace the sim, power on.
Search tags for this page
getting same text message multiple times
i get the same text multiple times
i receive the same text message multiple times
receiving same message multiple times
receiving same text message multiple times
receiving the same message multiple times
same message received many times
why do i get multiple copies of the same text
why do i get the same text message more than once

why do i get the same text message multiple times

why do i get the same text more than once