Receiving the same message multiple times, when it was only sent to me once

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
Is anyone else having the problem of receiving the same message from a person more than once like 5...6 times even more? I am using Go sms pro, but i was using hand cent and it even does it when i was using the stock text messenger. If this starts happening all i do is restart my phone and it quits for a maybe a day then starts again. Is anyone else having this problem of receiving the same message more than once when it was only sent to your phone once.... the reason that i know it was only sent to me once was because i tested it using my girl friends phone.

cdf3

Reaction score
Happens to me from time to time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
These phantom little quirks can pop up from tine to time. It had been a while for me or my wife but there were occasions where we would receive a text multiple times. I think it is a network thing and not necessarily a phone thing because it would happen for a few days than everything would be normal and weeks later it would happen again, then stop. We never had to do anything to "fix" it, it would just go away on its own.

One time i sent my wife a text that included the words, i love you and a few minutes later, my friend wrote back and joked about loving me too. I went back and checked my text and it showed that i sent it to my wife but for some reason it went to him.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

wendee2150

Reaction score
Happens to me every single day! Some days I will get one or two texts 3-4 times, and other days I'll get every text sent to me 3-4-5 times. Thankful for unlimited texting!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

mbell75

Reaction score
I have noticed it happens when I look at my message right away, it doubles it. If I wait till the screen goes dark again and then look at it, its fine. Weird.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Reboot the phone. This is typically a tower issue, rebooting the phone will register the phone with the tower again..

If it continues you might power off, remove the sim, power on. Now power off, replace the sim, power on.