Sending duplicate texts

kasweene

Reaction score
Even though a message will only show as sent once on my droid, the people I'm texting are telling me that they are receiving the same text twice. Anyone else having this problem?

get quad

Reaction score
happens occasionally when I or someone I'm texting has weak signal, just a network issue.

jasondcannon

Reaction score
Are you texting someone that's not on Verizon? This is a common issue, and it's not related to the Droid, it's a network issue.

technologic

Reaction score
Duplicate Texts

I've had the same problem when sending texts through Google Voice on my Droid 2.0.1.

jrl9851

Reaction score
Thinking of going back to AT&T and the iphone.

Even though I don't want to at all.

Every since getting the droid (and switching to verizon), every single person I have texted will get the same message 2-3 times. It doesn't happen with all texts, but it happens almost every other text. It's becoming a HUGE pain in the ass and the people I text think I just keep repeating myself.

Sometimes they will get the same text three times in a row, and sometimes they will get the text, and then a few hours later get the same text.

On top of that, whenever I send an MMS message, it takes anywhere from 1-24 hours for the person to get it. When they send me an MMS, I get it maybe 1 out of 5 times.

I did a search and apparently this has been a problem for years with texts between verizon and at&t customers. Years?!?!? Why haven't they fixed this???

As much as I don't want to, I'm almost FORCED to go back to AT&T. I text a lot so this is becoming a huge pain in the ass.

Any updates on this? Are they going to fix it? I really don't want to have to go back to at&t.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That only happens to me with Google Voice when I hold it in landscape. Regular text through Verizon is not an issue.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Are they on AT&T? It might not be your problem....or VZW.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Every since getting the droid (and switching to verizon), every single person I have texted will get the same message 2-3 times. It doesn't happen with all texts, but it happens almost every other text. It's becoming a HUGE pain in the ass and the people I text think I just keep repeating myself.

Sometimes they will get the same text three times in a row, and sometimes they will get the text, and then a few hours later get the same text.

On top of that, whenever I send an MMS message, it takes anywhere from 1-24 hours for the person to get it. When they send me an MMS, I get it maybe 1 out of 5 times.

I did a search and apparently this has been a problem for years with texts between verizon and at&t customers. Years?!?!? Why haven't they fixed this???

As much as I don't want to, I'm almost FORCED to go back to AT&T. I text a lot so this is becoming a huge pain in the ass.

Any updates on this? Are they going to fix it? I really don't want to have to go back to at&t.
Being a former VZW CS Rep I can tell you that this is not a common occurrence between the carriers. How many AT&T people are getting the duplicate messages? Do you think the problem might be on the AT&T side? Just trying to help out in the troubleshooting process, not cut you down.

Redls1bird

Reaction score
Did you ever think, maybe its AT&T 's network that has the problem? Just saying...

Oh, and do you stutter? If not, then your friends arent the brightest to think your just acting like a broken record.

jrl9851

Reaction score

Being a former VZW CS Rep I can tell you that this is not a common occurrence between the carriers. How many AT&T people are getting the duplicate messages? Do you think the problem might be on the AT&T side? Just trying to help out in the troubleshooting process, not cut you down.

It's definitely not a problem with the AT&T side, as I was previously with AT&T for 5 years and never had this problem. Ever.

Every single person on the AT&T side is getting duplicates.

RuthWt

Reaction score
The Droid is new to me, but Verizon is not. I had that same problem with my EnV. I had to take it back into the store and they downloaded some software to it, and then it was fine. I have not had that problem (that I know of) so far with the Droid.

jrl9851

Reaction score
Did you ever think, maybe its AT&T 's network that has the problem? Just saying...

Oh, and do you stutter? If not, then your friends arent the brightest to think your just acting like a broken record.

I was with at&t for 5 years and never had this problem. It started happening as soon as I switched to verizon.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It's definitely not a problem with the AT&T side, as I was previously with AT&T for 5 years and never had this problem. Ever.

Every single person on the AT&T side is getting duplicates.
Let me clarify, there's no problem that has been ongoing between VZW and AT&T messages. Unless you call AT&T how would you know if there are known issues that might be recent? Or, have you called VZW to see if they can check into it?

Monstrosity

Reaction score
You should talk to a verizon rep or tech issue person about it first.

There might be a solution or at least an explanation.

What can it hurt?