Sending duplicate texts

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
has anyone had any resolution with this issue after contacting Verizon? i've seen none on my end :(

Nope, only thing they told me was to take out my battery and reboot. Obviously it's a pretty big problem with verizon, but they don't seem to want to admit it.

Like I said, this NEVER happened to me when I was with at&t.

same response I got. definitely the lesser of two evils... Verizon = multiple texts sent/received / AT&T = nothing sent/received :( LOL

droidhero

Reaction score
I have never had this issue on verizon, at least no where near as frequent. I dunno if the people I text are getting the same text multiple times or if its just on my end.

Like I said with my prior phone this never happend really or if it did was because I tried resending multiple times without service.

It seems with my Droid though I am recieving the same text 3 times from people sparatically. Sometimes I will even send a text immediately and still recieve the other 2.

I am using the app Missed Call in order to customize my notifications. BTW I really like it, but think its features are something that should have been stock on this phone....

Off topic and irrelevant

Just fun fact, I have 16 inches of snow on the ground right now and still coming down just as hard. So its shovel shovel shovel then surf the interwebs:icon_ banana:

Nightline

Reaction score
Here is my issue, and IMO I believe the Google Voice app has a small bug.. in my case...

When I send a SMS message using the GV application and the phone is in landscape mode, I send out duplicate messages. The message can be to another GV subscriber, a friend on T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T, doesnt matter.

If I send the same message but hold the phone in Portrait mode, it goes through once. Once again, this is only when using the GV application which I mainly use because I only give out my GV phone number, therefore most people I text wont get a reply from my actual VZW number.

Any other text that I send out straight through VZW work just fine whether the phone is in landscape or portrait.

I posted the issue on the Google Support Forum also, and it seems some others are also having this problem.

Just my 2 cents.