Sending duplicate texts

Redls1bird

Reaction score
What i mean is, VZWs network might not be sending the message 3 times, Att's might be duplicating it three times...

eversonsc

Reaction score
I know about this problem! I used to be with AT&T and I also had an iPhone. My wife and I both had issues with AT&T and Verizon when it comes to receiving text messages from Verizon customers. It was a problem with AT&T not Verizon. We called AT&T and they had to do something with re-routing the messages or some sort. I can't remember what they did but around 24 hours later the texts were coming in with no problem.

Have your friends that are still with AT&T call them and tell them they aren't getting your messages. Again this is an AT&T problem!

Just FYI I dropped AT&T and now have the Droid and WOULD NEVER GO BACK to that crappy network or that elementary child phone.

Hooblaim

Reaction score
Duplicate txts happened to me my first day of droid but then stoped.

And my friend with g1 is like stop sending 2 txts! I'm like waa?

superglen99

Reaction score
I've gotten several duplicate texts from Verizon customers and art customers says they get the same text from me 2 times in a row. Its annoying. It needs to get fixed!!!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I do know that if your friends are in a weak coverage area this can happen.

So you may want to ask them. Then again they may not admit it. : )

but it is an issue on their end.

mbumcrot

Reaction score
Wife and I both have Droids. Out of 10 texts a day between us, 3 are duplicated. Seems like a Verizon issue. I just sent a message to wife on her Droid and she received it 3 times. NEED TO BE FIXED!!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Wife and I both have Droids. Out of 10 texts a day between us, 3 are duplicated. Seems like a Verizon issue. I just sent a message to wife on her Droid and she received it 3 times. NEED TO BE FIXED!!

Have you called VZW? complaining here gets little done...

mbumcrot

Reaction score
BacknBlack, I was under the impression that posting to a forum was just a way to vent. I have called VZW and voiced my complaint.

Jerk...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
BacknBlack, I was under the impression that posting to a forum was just a way to vent. I have called VZW and voiced my complaint.

Jerk...

Not being a jerk, How is anyone to know what you have done?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Jerk...
And we're trying to help you troubleshoot the issue.......

dork

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
has anyone had any resolution with this issue after contacting Verizon? i've seen none on my end :(

jrl9851

Reaction score
has anyone had any resolution with this issue after contacting Verizon? i've seen none on my end :(

Nope, only thing they told me was to take out my battery and reboot. Obviously it's a pretty big problem with verizon, but they don't seem to want to admit it.

Like I said, this NEVER happened to me when I was with at&t.