Not receiving random txts?

Pacersfan316

Reaction score
I have already had a really people ask why i have not answered to the text they sent me but i never received the text but only happens at random times. Anybody else having problems not receiving some txt messages and have some tips on how to help the problem..its a brand new phone got it monday dont see why it would have a problem

Reaction score
I don't know what it is but I have only had this issue when my wife texts me. I have never missed a text from anyone else, and she has never had anyone else not receive her texts. Very odd.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

nastybynature

Reaction score
I have already had a really people ask why i have not answered to the text they sent me but i never received the text but only happens at random times. Anybody else having problems not receiving some txt messages and have some tips on how to help the problem..its a brand new phone got it monday dont see why it would have a problem

This is happening on my wife's razr maxx as well. Some of them from my razr maxx and some of them from her friend that is on sprint...

OP
P

Pacersfan316

Reaction score
i found that the problem for me is that when im home i turn my wifi on but when i turn it on it shuts off the 3g connection so i dont receive the txts... i have my phone set on cdma only (dont live in 4g area) how do you have wifi on and 3g connection on at same time...i can tell it turns it off cause the wifi logo turns blue and the 3g and bars goes from blue to grey... any ideas?

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I get a text notification sound and icon but when I check, nothing is there. It happens randomly. I am also concerned about not getting my Messages

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
i found that the problem for me is that when im home i turn my wifi on but when i turn it on it shuts off the 3g connection so i dont receive the txts... i have my phone set on cdma only (dont live in 4g area) how do you have wifi on and 3g connection on at same time...i can tell it turns it off cause the wifi logo turns blue and the 3g and bars goes from blue to grey... any ideas?

You can't have both wifi and 3G on
And the data shouldn't effect the messages bc messages are used through the signals

Motorola Droid 2: CyanogenMod 9

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have no issues receiving texts when on wifi. You can see when you send a text the 3G icon will show up.

Sent from the best 3G phone on Verizon.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I just had this happen yesterday. My son sent me a text from my wife's phone and I never received it. When he asked me about it, I checked her phone and sure enough it was sent, but never made it to my phone. I sent another one right then and it went through immediately. Hmmmm odd. I hope it's limited to my wife's texts :D or they get it fixed in an update.