Reasons why the Incredible is better then iPhone

claustin

Reaction score
Don't be too sure of the new iPhone having equal or greater hardware than the incredible. The reason is simply that Apple does not want to cannibalize their iPad sales. For the new iPhone to have equal hardware would require a 1Ghz processor (same as iPad) and a larger screen of at least 3.7". At this point other than the larger screen there would be NO need for an iPad seeing the performance of the new iPhone would be IDENTICAL. Personally I don't believe that Steve Jobs will do that just because he will want to keep both product lines viable.

Although I loathe the iphone I agree with your statement. The current iphone runs pretty damn well considering it has lesser hardware than the incredible.

Yes it does run well but you also have to put that into perspective. The current iPhone does NOT multi-task at all and only has one app running at a time. If you were to jailbreak the iPhone and get that bugger running a few apps simultaneously you would see it slow down alot. Not to mention that there are no desktop widgets that dynamically update. Live wallpapers, themed interfaces, etc... Throw all of that on a iPhone PLUS multi-tasking and watch how well it doesn't perform.

I disagree. The point of the iPad vs. iPhone is more form factor than performance, not to mention it isn't a phone. Apple won't cripple the iPhone performance-wise because of the iPad, because they run different forks of the iPhone OS and the iPad can run more complex apps than the iPhone. In fact, I think Apple would rather sell you both. Take into account the iPhone prototype's front-facing camera and the current iPad's lack of a camera at all. I'm fairly confident that the iPhone will sport a 1Ghz processor just to match the competition. If not, it'll be because it's a custom chip tailor made for the iPhone OS making the speed difference inconsequential. What I'm really eager to see is what the battery life will be considering what they're getting out of their laptops and the iPad.

But I still say wait a month and see what happens.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Although I loathe the iphone I agree with your statement. The current iphone runs pretty damn well considering it has lesser hardware than the incredible.

Yes it does run well but you also have to put that into perspective. The current iPhone does NOT multi-task at all and only has one app running at a time. If you were to jailbreak the iPhone and get that bugger running a few apps simultaneously you would see it slow down alot. Not to mention that there are no desktop widgets that dynamically update. Live wallpapers, themed interfaces, etc... Throw all of that on a iPhone PLUS multi-tasking and watch how well it doesn't perform.

I disagree. The point of the iPad vs. iPhone is more form factor than performance, not to mention it isn't a phone. Apple won't cripple the iPhone performance-wise because of the iPad, because they run different forks of the iPhone OS and the iPad can run more complex apps than the iPhone. In fact, I think Apple would rather sell you both. Take into account the iPhone prototype's front-facing camera and the current iPad's lack of a camera at all. I'm fairly confident that the iPhone will sport a 1Ghz processor just to match the competition. If not, it'll be because it's a custom chip tailor made for the iPhone OS making the speed difference inconsequential. What I'm really eager to see is what the battery life will be considering what they're getting out of their laptops and the iPad.

But I still say wait a month and see what happens.

Want to put a wager on it? Say... $5 via paypal?

claustin

Reaction score
lol. that's ok i'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. But i'm thinking the next iPhone will be at least 800Mhz. Still can't see Apple underpowering it though for the simple fact that it would be a big point of attack for the competition. I also re-read your post and I have to give you the widgets point. I use the widgets on my Incredible all the time. I would miss them on the iPhone.