Reasons why the Incredible is better then iPhone

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by BlingDiva, May 2, 2010.

1. BlingDiva

BlingDiva New Member

Okay So I am currently a iPhone 3GS User HATE AT&T personally but love my iPhone.. But was curious about the Incredible.. Can someone give me some good reasons why the Incredible is better ? besides that it is on Verizon?
  2. R1Lover

R1Lover New Member

Faster
    Faster
    Faster
    Better exchange and e-mail app and widget's
    Better screen
    Widget's, Widget's Widget's

The only con is the battery life.... but you get used to charging it more.

I came from an iphone 3G, then to a moto Droid... and now an incredible.

Don't hesitate imo, you will love it.
  3. BlingDiva

BlingDiva New Member

I just spent lots of money on Schlage stuff and still trying to find a way to view my camera on my Incredible :( since there isn't a Schlage app yet
  4. R1Lover

R1Lover New Member

why would you buy schlage stuff? jsut wondering lol

As for an app.... can't you view it with the browser? it does play most flash based video as well as others?
  5. BlingDiva

BlingDiva New Member

Haven't you seen all the neat things you can do on the Schlage app?
  6. droidenator

droidenator New Member

umm its android reason enough
  7. BlingDiva

BlingDiva New Member

lol, if I was on the iPhone forum asking this question they would probably say the same.. ughh what to do
  8. Kahij

Kahij New Member

Reasons why Tue incredible is better than the iphone. A: its not an iPhone. B: its not made by Apple. C: you can reset the phone without taking it to a tech. D: Verizon > ATT. Enough said.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  9. dgreen1069

dgreen1069 New Member

I just bought the Incredible to replace my iPhone. Like you, I loved my phone, but hated AT&T's service. My phone would drop no less than 30% of my calls. In my house it would show 4 bars, but I would continually get a "Call Failed" message when trying to make calls.

So far I like the Incredible. It is noticeably faster than the iPhone 3G and 3GS. I've been playing with the phone for a few days now and it is a bit of an adjustment...not necessarily bad, but an adjustment. The iPhone seems very polished....anyone could pick one up and do anything with it without prior knowledge. The Incredible has most (if not all) the same capabilities, but it is not as seemless as the iPhone.

Personally, I liked syncing with iTunes. It made buying music and movies very easy. I think Android would really catch on if Google had an iTunes equivalent that could be used to easily sync media onto Android based phones.

All in all, I am happy with my Incredible. I haven't canceled my iPhones service just yet.....I think I'll give it another week or so.
  10. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I personally don't think it's the iPhone that is the problem, others will go one about open source, compared to iPhones tight control on apps, to the Steve Jobs haters. I think it has to do with the company delivering the service. And there is just no way that AT&T's service can stand up against Verizon. Now that's only important if you're planning a trip somewhere or actually want to use your phone.:)

I can't find it right now but someone once had a great video on an iPhone app that locates Public Telephone booths for those times when you really need to make a call but can't. It was hilarious.
  11. dgreen1069

dgreen1069 New Member

Without a doubt, Verizon has better service than AT&T. I was a longtime Verizon customer who switched just for the iPhone. My wife and I loved the iPhone, but after almost 2 years I just can't take the dropped calls anymore. I live in the DC metro area and there is no reason to drop calls the way we do. AT&T truly blows!!!!

As a side note, I found Apple to be an awesome company with incredible customer service. I was so impressed with the serviced I received for my iPhone that my next computer will definitely be an Apple. The iPhone truly is an awesome phone, it's a shame it is wasted on a sub-par service provider.
  12. Mojo

Mojo New Member

Incredible better then the iPhone! There's nothing better then the iphone. Its the only phone that you can say is cooler then Chuck Norris without fear that Chuck Norris will kill you for saying it!
  13. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

A personal point of view, And in the minority here...
  14. Mojo

Mojo New Member

I guess you missed my sarcasm....
  15. jjprusk

jjprusk New Member

Questions

I don't get some of these comments. I have an iPhone 3Gs, had the original Droid for 1 month, and am now carrying an Incredible. I really like the idea of Android and the Incredible hardware looks good, however I don't understand some of these comments:

1)In what way is it faster? The 3Gs is very smooth and almost instantaneous. The Droid often stuttered and the Incredible seems to be about as smooth as the 3Gs. Where is it faster? I don't care about quotes about processor speeds as I'm interested in real-world experience.

2)I hear about the vaunted Verizon service so I check both phones side by side with Speedtest.net. I check both at my home and at work. SpeedTest.net reported roughly twice the download speed for the 3Gs compared to the Incredible. In what world is the Incredible faster?

3)The stock email app on the Incredible sucks when compared to the 3Gs. For example, on the 3Gs I can delete and file into folders with one button when the email is showing. Unless I'm missing something, I need to open a menu on the Incredible. And BTW, how do I move emails from inbox to various folder on the Incredible?

4) The Incredible calendar sucks - from what I can see it doesn't support CalDAV, which means I can't connect to work calendars, etc.

The above issues are major for me and I find it hard to believe they're not important to others as well. Maybe I'm just missing something - is there much better email & calendar apps?

Having said that, there are several features that I really like on the Incredible, such as widgets, good notification system, and homescreen info. However, until some of the basic functionality is fixed its probably going back...
  16. intenselyinsane

intenselyinsane New Member

move to folder

Open mail program. Hold down the email you want to move. Select move to. Hope that helps
  17. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Not at all.
  18. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic New Member

no mention of multitasking apps?? iphone cannot do that.. takes 4+ yrs to figure that out?!

long press magnifying glass and say "navigate to best buy" (turn by turn navi) ... my brother said he can do that on his iphone.. he said look.. i have a dot of where im going..

even if vzw gets an iphone, im sticking to android. i see an iphone as a desktop filled with apps.. the entire screen.. the lack of customizing is completely retarded. no widgets.. my gf has an iphone, shes like your dispay is so much brighter and nicer, the colors look so good.. iphone is big and bulky ... incred is so slick.. android for life.
  19. kmo

kmo New Member

20. BlingDiva

BlingDiva New Member

I feel that the incrediblea email is not like the iPhone at all to me it sucks in a sense for some reason when I get an email of some sort that has ads or lots of pictures it won't show anything bit text. Then I look at the same email on the iPhone it loads perfect. Why is this anyway to load every email like the iPhone ?
Search tags for this page
3g better then incredable 2

iphone or delis