New to Forum, Question

gator12

Reaction score
Hello, I recently switched from a Blackberry Bold to the Iphone 3Gs. Although this was a great switch and I love the Iphone, I am sick of AT&T and want to switch to Verizon plus switch to a Droid. I actually bought a Droid X and returned it. For me the size was an issue, just too big. My question is that in 2 weeks my company will give me the option to switch and I wanted to know if the new and improved Droid Incredible will be the right choice compared to my Iphone 3gs. I know everyone is biased here, and that the new X is better than the Incredible. Will I be dissappointed coming from the Iphone 3gs to the Incredible?? Thanks!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello, I recently switched from a Blackberry Bold to the Iphone 3Gs. Although this was a great switch and I love the Iphone, I am sick of AT&T and want to switch to Verizon plus switch to a Droid. I actually bought a Droid X and returned it. For me the size was an issue, just too big. My question is that in 2 weeks my company will give me the option to switch and I wanted to know if the new and improved Droid Incredible will be the right choice compared to my Iphone 3gs. I know everyone is biased here, and that the new X is better than the Incredible. Will I be dissappointed coming from the Iphone 3gs to the Incredible?? Thanks!!

Well, in a Droid Forum we are going to tell you that the Incredible is much better then the iPhone 3gs. However to you the learning curve of going from an iPhone to a Droid may be steep.

iPhone comparisons to Droid are difficult. iPhone has more applications but Droid is adding more all the time and does not restrict developers since it is open source. iPhone is on AT&T so getting a signal is often an issue compared to Verizon's 3G network.

The Incredible is an HTC phone which makes it a bit different from a Motorola Droid like the X. However if it was just the size that bothered you you should be able to make that adjustment as well.

Keep in mind that the Incredible is a Google phone. So your back ups are Google Calendar, Gmail, etc. I don't know how the iPhone backs up but I'm sure it's different.

If you can make the adjustment you should see that the Incredible is an even better phone then the now dated iPhone 3G. But really, only you will be able to know in the end if it's right for you.

modified

Reaction score
Applications are better on the iPhone while multitasking and browsing as well as corporate emailing are better on Android. Depends on what your priorities are.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
It all depends on personal preference. I'd say go to a Verizon store and "play" around. I've heard the "original" Droid may not be available any more, so if you like a physical keyboard perhaps you may want to wait on the Droid 2. Then again if a physical keyboard doesn't matter then the Incredible may be a good fit for you.
My brother just switched from a Blackberry to the X (company related too) and he loves it! He did admit the size took some getting used to at first but overall he's much happier than with the Blackberry.

Good luck and have fun!