really weird problem w/ my maxx, nd help!

skimmilk

Reaction score
over the last 3 nights my phone has been utterly useless. when i try to call or text someone it takes about 1 or 2 minutes before either the call goes out or it allows me to text, however; there are other times that the phone doesn't even allow me to do this. it has also been shutting itself off & back on again for no reason (battery was fine). when i try to open any apps its the same as w/ phone calls or texts, only it takes even longer to open & also at times doesn't open at all. also issues w/ screen freezing, alarm not working, time not staying up to date, etc. overall its been a massive headache. but the weirdest thing is that during the day, it works fine???? so as a timeline, wed night the prob started, thurs during day phone was fine, same on friday & phone working fine now for the moment. it starts to act up around 7 or 8:00 at night.

i use apex launcher & first thought that was the problem. i uninstalled it & just used phone w/o a launcher , but prob continued. i re-installed it cos that doesn't seem to be the problem. i've only had the phone since May, so i just don't get it. can. anyone out there help me out. last night i actually uttered the phrase, "this is driving me crazy, i'm just gonna get an i-phone!" obviously that puts my frustration level in perspective.

cbreze

Reaction score
It would be worth a try to do a cache wipe. If that fails to help and you haven't loaded any suspicious apps or gotten any recent updates that could be blamed then about all you could try would be a factory data reset. This puts you back to stock. If you took it in to Verizon that would be the first thing they would probably say to try.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
Does this mainly happen while you're charging? And if so what kind of charger and cable are you using? This sounds like typical "dirty power from an aftermarket charger or cable making the digitizer/controls whacko while charging" And that could also help isolate it to only at night maybe. If that's the case get a moto branded wall adapter and cable. If not start with turning off smart actions and clearing cache in recovery. If that still doesn't work do an FDR.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2