Weird problems/solutions with Razr Maxx ICS

netsaber

Reaction score
Ok I'm new to the forum but I have been having some weird problems with my maxx. About a week ago the lower portion of my screen (the entire area were the keyboard normally pops up) started flashing and would occassionally go black later on during the week the whole screen started flashing. I noticed if I was using the phone as a hotspot that the screen would stop flashing (entire phone feels like its overheating). Anyway it ended up that if my screen gets cold the flashing starts and then the screen would mess up. But if I applied heat (hair dryer, Car Heater, even rubbing the stupid thing between my hands at a football game) the screen works fine. I decided to take it to the verizon store so I had to unroot and do a factory reset. I took it in and got some major laughs from the sales people as I showed them the problem and got even more laughs from the verizon tech support on the phone. So they said they were going to send me a new to me phone. I figured I would wait to install all my apps to the new phone. But today I was on a website that said I needed to install flash, so i figured why not try it. I clicked on the link and it took me to a site that looked like the playstore, still not sure if it was. It installed flash 11.1.115.17 in my stock browser. So for some reason flash is working on every site that it never worked on before. So I don't know if it was the reset and wipe that did it, the lack of root or what. Anyway maybe this will help someone else out....or give them a good laugh!:biggrin:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Odd issue.. welcome to the droid forums :) in the future, you might consider spaces to break up your sentences..

It makes for easier reading :)

Flash has been hit and miss for lots of us ever since ics... its strange.. but that's unfortunately how its been...

pr1s1513

Reaction score
Being new to the forum, I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this.....
Several of my AOL emails have a wide black line where the message should be. Why? And why certain ones but not others. Also, as of this morning, it will not update my email. I only have yesterday's email. I checked on my iPad, and I've received several emails since midnight..... but they aren't loading. I have already tried turning it off and back on.
Any ideas?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What is ICS and how do I do a data reset?

If you mean factory reset, go into system settings, privacy, factory reset.. you might want to remove your SD card to be safe, before you do this...

RevVoice

Reaction score
Has the 'cold screen = flickering' issue been discussed?

I've had my Maxx for a while and as of late, what the OP said is now starting to happen. In the cold, the bottom 75% of the screen flickers blue, and then black if its even colder. Then after it warms up - its fine.

mdpetrella

Reaction score
I'm experiencing "spurious" screen flashing on a brand new Razr Maxx..??

Hello;

I'm not sure if I can figure out from your post, if I am experiencing the same problem:

My Razr Maxx screen "flashes" in the following way: When the phone is "locked", it "flashes" itself awake every few seconds ...???

I am unable to figure out if there is some App or Setting that keeps "waking" the phone out it's "in-pocket" mode ...???

Is this what you were talking about?

And, how is the installation of Adobe FLASH player browser add-in related to your problem (if at all) ...??

Thanks, in advance, for any additional clarification you can provide to this issue. :)

Ok I'm new to the forum but I have been having some weird problems with my maxx. About a week ago the lower portion of my screen (the entire area were the keyboard normally pops up) started flashing and would occassionally go black later on during the week the whole screen started flashing. I noticed if I was using the phone as a hotspot that the screen would stop flashing (entire phone feels like its overheating). Anyway it ended up that if my screen gets cold the flashing starts and then the screen would mess up. But if I applied heat (hair dryer, Car Heater, even rubbing the stupid thing between my hands at a football game) the screen works fine. I decided to take it to the verizon store so I had to unroot and do a factory reset. I took it in and got some major laughs from the sales people as I showed them the problem and got even more laughs from the verizon tech support on the phone. So they said they were going to send me a new to me phone. I figured I would wait to install all my apps to the new phone. But today I was on a website that said I needed to install flash, so i figured why not try it. I clicked on the link and it took me to a site that looked like the playstore, still not sure if it was. It installed flash 11.1.115.17 in my stock browser. So for some reason flash is working on every site that it never worked on before. So I don't know if it was the reset and wipe that did it, the lack of root or what. Anyway maybe this will help someone else out....or give them a good laugh!:biggrin:

mdpetrella

Reaction score
I have resolved my screen "flashing" problem by doing the following:

I went into my BLUETOOTH Settings, and changed my "Remain Visible" setting from "expire after 2 minutes" to "expire never" ...

phoebus67

Reaction score
Bump and Cold flashing

I've been noticing the flashing for a few months now, and been able to ignore it. I didn't make the connection to temperature, though it makes sense now.
But has there been any progress in fixing it? It feels like it's getting worse (well winter. duh) and I need to try and fix it.