Anyone with this phone and a Ford car w/Sync?

WizeGuyDezignz

Reaction score
Ok guys, I am ready to pull my hair out here. I recently purchased a brand new 2012 Ford Focus with Sync and MyFord Touch. Anyhow, my Maxx is pairing just fine with the Sync system and calls are fine as well as it downloading my phone contact list.

However, text messages aren't being recognized by the Sync system like they should be. There are people with this phone on the Focus forum that I visit and they say it works. I've done everything that I can think of and it doesn't work for me. I've repaired my phone to it, did a master reset of the Sync system, wiped my phone and started fresh, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

umpire.20

Reaction score
Ok guys, I am ready to pull my hair out here. I recently purchased a brand new 2012 Ford Focus with Sync and MyFord Touch. Anyhow, my Maxx is pairing just fine with the Sync system and calls are fine as well as it downloading my phone contact list.

However, text messages aren't being recognized by the Sync system like they should be. There are people with this phone on the Focus forum that I visit and they say it works. I've done everything that I can think of and it doesn't work for me. I've repaired my phone to it, did a master reset of the Sync system, wiped my phone and started fresh, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sorry I can't be of much help to you. I drive a 2011 F-150 Super Crew with SYNC. Mine doesn't have the my-touch system and I don't get too many texts while in the car. The few that I do get seem to come through just fine, though.

andria

Reaction score
Hi there! Wow I was hoping for more responses on here too =) I do have droid razr & just got a new 2013 ford escape. Still trying to learn everything! Do you have a fave music app yet?

Andria~

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi there! Wow I was hoping for more responses on here too =) I do have droid razr & just got a new 2013 ford escape. Still trying to learn everything! Do you have a fave music app yet?

Andria~
Poweramp is the best out there. The EQ is great and it sounds good streaming via Bluetooth to the Sync head unit

As for the sync issue, my parents 2011 F150 works great with a RAZR, DROIDX, LG Ally and Bionic.

paploo

Reaction score
I just upgraded from a Droid X to a Droid Razr Maxx. I have a Ford and a Mercury, both with Sync. My Droid X had no problems with downloading the phonebook to the cars, but the Droid Razr Maxx will not. It doesn't recognize it. When I have the bluetooth on, I will get a message on my phone asking for the bluetooth device (the car) to have access to my phone book. I say "OK" and then nothing happens. Sync will read texts from my phone and will pick up calls made manually with the phone. I just can't speak any commands to make calls where a phonebook contact will be called.

I had no issues with the previous phone. Both phones used Gmail contacts to maintain my contact info.

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy!

umpire.20

Reaction score
I just upgraded from a Droid X to a Droid Razr Maxx. I have a Ford and a Mercury, both with Sync. My Droid X had no problems with downloading the phonebook to the cars, but the Droid Razr Maxx will not. It doesn't recognize it. When I have the bluetooth on, I will get a message on my phone asking for the bluetooth device (the car) to have access to my phone book. I say "OK" and then nothing happens. Sync will read texts from my phone and will pick up calls made manually with the phone. I just can't speak any commands to make calls where a phonebook contact will be called.

I had no issues with the previous phone. Both phones used Gmail contacts to maintain my contact info.

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy!

I also upgraded from a Droid X to a Razr MAXX. I have had none of the issues you mention. My transition from one instrument to the other was flawless.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
My wife and I both have Maxxs and both drive Fords with Sync. Both my wife's Flex and my Mustang work fine with either phone, but it took a few tries to get it to pair properly with both cars. Have you tried unpairing and pairing the phone again?

paploo

Reaction score
I've paired/unpaired already. When the phone prompts me to allow access to Sync, I say "ok" and then it pops up again and again, but doesn't actually do anything. If I attempt to make a call, I get a message from Sync that there are no entries in the phonebook. It's so frustrating to have Sync and no be able to use it. I'll call the dealership and see if there's another update for Sync. It was just updated in June.

buckfill

Reaction score
I hope this helps a couple posts in this thread.... When you are downloading the phonebook, make sure your phone is unlocked and the screen is on. Most likely ICS is prompting you that a 3rd party app is trying to access your phonebook; Do you want to allow?

I sync with a 2011 f150 and don't have any problems. Occasionally, I guess the BT will hang like it's still connected even after I shut my car off. I have to go on the phone and toggle BT off/on. I use it a lot, so it's not really a big deal.

Fwiw... I had ZERO issues with my iphone syncing. I still prefer the Maxx though.

wkayl

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Mustang. I had to select tho option code of 4 zeros (0000). Everything works great. My wife's phone (not a smart phone) is synced also. She will be on the phone in the house when I pit the car in the garage. It will sync and come through the car. Kinda funny.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

paploo

Reaction score
My wife and I both have Maxxs and both drive Fords with Sync. Both my wife's Flex and my Mustang work fine with either phone, but it took a few tries to get it to pair properly with both cars. Have you tried unpairing and pairing the phone again?

I just unpaired and paired my phone. This time, I got an option for phonebook contacts which didn't show up before. I went into that option and got a message that I need to push the contacts from my phone. I've been searching on how to do that and can't find anything. This was so much easier with my X!

maryann.yates

Reaction score
I just bought a 2012 Focus with Sync MyTouch and I have the same problem. My phonebook downloaded successfully, and I can make and receive calls, but not texts. I was hoping to find an answer in this forum :icon_eek: