"Real life" with the Rezound

cp24eva

Reaction score
Beats is no more than a loudness button or "disco" setting on pre sets, very overrated. If you get a Rezound get Power Amp and forget the gimmick.
I've found the music player to be ok at best on every Android device without Power Amp to clean up the lack.
I put an extended battery on mine when I got it and have found with the phone being used (awake and active) at least 8 hours every day in low signal areas that the battery is more than enough. I leave screen on auto, power on performance, sleep on never BUT turn the 4g off when around wifi or the phone will be data usage idle for a while, using a widget. I believe that one thing is why my battery has no problem lasting all day . When I need 4g I turn it back on in a couple of seconds total with the widget but its off at least half the day. If my reception wasn't so weak I'd probably not need to toggle data like I do

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk

You really HATE beats don't you? Lol. You ever thought that beats hat wasn't geared for you genre of music? I mean, look at the commercials. Beats isn't horrible. It's just not multi genre friendly. And you can turn it off. Our like you and I suggested get power amp. Tweak away with the eq and.then have a blast.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
the new Razr MAXX looks interesting. now has a 3300mAh battery built in. that is pretty nice. that is more juice than the huge Rezound extended battery.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You really HATE beats don't you? Lol. You ever thought that beats hat wasn't geared for you genre of music? I mean, look at the commercials. Beats isn't horrible. It's just not multi genre friendly. And you can turn it off. Our like you and I suggested get power amp. Tweak away with the eq and.then have a blast.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

There are only 2 things I hate. ITunes and got humid weather .
Beats is just a gimmick, nothing new, that's all. I listen to just about anything so it's not a genre thing, just a gimmick thing. The commercials prove my point. The Rezound is an awesome phone being promoted as a corded ghetto blaster.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk

cp24eva

Reaction score
the new Razr MAXX looks interesting. now has a 3300mAh battery built in. that is pretty nice. that is more juice than the huge Rezound extended battery.

it does look nice. I'll admit that. But battery life is all speculation until you go through a few cycles yourself. Everything is speculation until it's in your hand. No doubt there will be long battery life to be had with the phone.

OP
Jonas

Jonas

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not getting the phone for beats. I know enough about the beats brand to know to stay away from it. I just mentioned as it seems as though they would some technology into the sound card. Maybe not?

Sent from my Banana Phone

jcardona1

Reaction score
I love this phone. After owning the OG Droid for two years and the Nexus for two weeks, this is the best phone I've owned. It has been absolutely flawless. No crappy camera like the Nexus. No poor battery life like the Nexus. No reboots like the Nexus. No signal/data drops like the Nexus. I bought the extended battery for the Rezound and it lasts me 20+ hours with heavy use (for me) and screen brightness turned up. I no longer have to worry about having to keep my brightness to a minimum to make my battery last. I can unplug it at 7am, go to bed at midnight and still have 40% left, which from experience will last me until noon the next day.

This phone is perfect for me in every way. I like the build quality and the size/weight with the extended battery. The navigation dock is awesome because it fits with the extended battery too, even with a case on it! And the camera, well when people say it's probably the best camera on a cell phone these days, they aren't exaggerating.

What I don't like, Sense. Just not a fan of the UI. I actually like Sense in things like contacts/dialer/messaging, but aside from that, I don't want it. Went back to Launcher Pro for now. Waiting to unlock/root/ROM and maybe de-Sense this thing.

Insidious

Reaction score
Hey guys, its that time of the year again. When I run around the forums looking for what my upgrade is going to be. This year I'm considering the Rezound, but I have a few questions for you guys first.

First off, I live a very active lifestyle. I ride a motorcycle, constantly outdoors, running for sport, joining the military, etc. So I am needing a mildly rugged phone. I'm not expecting it to be the end all do all, but I don't wanna be picking up pieces if I do happen to drop it on the sidewalk or something.

Secondly, I have not heard of any problems with this radio. Is that true?

Third, this is more for the audiophiles; does beats actually ruin your music experience? I consider myself a bit experienced with my music, meaning I know what I like, and have heard poor things about the beats system from some professional reviews. (Not to offend anyone, of course)

Fourth, the developer threads seem to be pretty small. Is there a decent developer pool? I'm coming over from the D2G game, with a good bit of dev support, so I'm looking for the same. I am very familiar with CM7, Liberty, and Liquid smooth. I am very confident with the rooting/ROM flashing routine, I'm just wondering how frequently the ROMs for this phone are updated/improved.

So I hope I have covered most of the noob questions. And if this is already covered somewhere, and I just missed it, please feel free to post the link. Ill gladly read to be more informed.

Also, someone mentioned to me that the Rezound is global capable, but its a trial through VZW tech support to achieve this. Is this ture, first of all, and secondly, if it is, how easy is/does it have acceptable quality?

P.S. I am looking into the Droid 4, this phone, the Razr, and the Nexus. So if anyone has any experience with any of those, with the obvious exception of the D4, please post your comparisons. Apples to apples would really help me!

Sent from my Banana Phone

I'm having trouble deciding as well between the Rezound and Gnex. I can personally say because I have a pair ibeats that they decent. Not worth a 100 clams, more like 60-70. They don't compare to my Audio-Technica's, but coming with a phone for free is definately a steal.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned that the subsidized price of the Rezound just dropped $100 to $199, while the Nexus and Razr remain at $299. Go figure. The best of the three and a lower price.

jcardona1

Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned that the subsidized price of the Rezound just dropped $100 to $199, while the Nexus and Razr remain at $299. Go figure. The best of the three and a lower price.

Yeah that too! I got $100 credited to my account. And I sold the headphones for $90 on eBay. So a little over $100 for the best 4G phone on Verizon :D

cp24eva

Reaction score
Yeah that too! I got $100 credited to my account. And I sold the headphones for $90 on eBay. So a little over $100 for the best 4G phone on Verizon :D

wait....what? You got credited 100 dollars? How? I'm trying to figure out if I need to be speaking to a VZW rep on this matter! HAHA!

jcardona1

Reaction score
I just called 611, told them I paid $299 for the Rezound a few days ago and now it's $199, and asked for a credit. Not sure if they have a time limit though. I didn't get the Rezound the day it came out, I bought mine on 12/30.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
.. I paid $299 for the Rezound a few days ago and now it's $199, and asked for a credit. Not sure if they have a time limit ... I bought mine on 12/30.
Your 14 days aren't up. Act now. If purchased between 11/15/11 and 12/28/11, one has until 1/15/12 to return it (gift season). Buy it after 12/28 and you still have until 1/12/12
If you purchased it at a corporate store, and it is now selling at that store for $199, you should get a credit for the difference. You may have to go to the store. I tried through customer service, and it didn't work. Had to go to the store where I bought the phone.

thelastbill

Reaction score
I love this phone. After owning the OG Droid for two years and the Nexus for two weeks, this is the best phone I've owned. It has been absolutely flawless. No crappy camera like the Nexus. No poor battery life like the Nexus. No reboots like the Nexus. No signal/data drops like the Nexus. I bought the extended battery for the Rezound and it lasts me 20+ hours with heavy use (for me) and screen brightness turned up. I no longer have to worry about having to keep my brightness to a minimum to make my battery last. I can unplug it at 7am, go to bed at midnight and still have 40% left, which from experience will last me until noon the next day.

This phone is perfect for me in every way. I like the build quality and the size/weight with the extended battery. The navigation dock is awesome because it fits with the extended battery too, even with a case on it! And the camera, well when people say it's probably the best camera on a cell phone these days, they aren't exaggerating.

What I don't like, Sense. Just not a fan of the UI. I actually like Sense in things like contacts/dialer/messaging, but aside from that, I don't want it. Went back to Launcher Pro for now. Waiting to unlock/root/ROM and maybe de-Sense this thing.

So why is this in a razr forum and not in the nexus our resound forum?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

thelastbill

Reaction score
Sorry, I pressed the wrong forum link....my bad

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

cp24eva

Reaction score
It might have been moved, because i never go to the RAZR forum. and it showed up in the Rezound forum for me. Not that there is anything wrong with the Razr forum. I'm sure there are plenty of model citizens there and well spoken too. :biggrin: