Read this review if you are thinking of switching to the Galaxy Nexus

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Perhaps for you, but maybe it's important to others. Everyone uses their phones differently and has different requirements.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Word. I do suppose hypothetical situations are of paramount importance to some.

Mikegreco16

Reaction score
I don't really care what people think about the Razr GNexus, my mom, whatever it is. Personally I think Samsung makes cheap phones and uses cheap materials. I could care less about ICS since most of the reviews have been meh anyways. BTW since Google and Motorola are merging I doubt we will have to wait long for our updates.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I've Factory Reset and SBFed my D2 on multiple occasions without once removing the SD card from its slot. If you feel the need to take it out when resetting that is your prerogative but it is not necessary and I've yet to see anyone having problems with resets because they have chosen not to do so.

Actually being able to remove the memory from the device is a non-issue 99.9% of the time. I will say that there's always the possibility that you could have static charge built up in your body and you just happen to fry everything when you touch the open phone to remove the SD card, but we're just dealing in hyperbole then, no? All I was saying is that there is no reason to add fuel to the fire because of some isolated incident; this thread already has enough ignorance going for it.

To each his our her own. I find the added comfort and security of removing the card to be beneficial. There are others who do as well. My post was for those people, not you (no insult intended). Perhaps I needed to put a disclaimer up saying those who find my post offensive can consider themselves unintended recipients, and suggest that they please ignore.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with intent, it's simply the issue of hyping up some one-in-ten-thousand possibility. It's cool though, as much false and questionable info as there is floating around on the net I don't think that tidbit will make much difference. Just nice to find that most of what is presented on these forums is vetted out a little before it's posted. I'm Audi5000.

homesmart

Reaction score
Galaxy Nexus may have speed issues

i have been researching all over trying to decide on the new Galaxy Nexus or the droid Razr.
i found this speed test review that you may find interesting.

Speed test showdown: Verizon Galaxy Nexus vs Motorola DROID RAZR vs HTC Rezound

Update:
I have decided to go with the Droid Razr. I have been using the Droid Milestone (first droid) since Nov of 2009. It absolutely changed my life with respect to running a business on the road. Paperless since activation. Never lost. No accidents (blue tooth hands free, one touch on calendar for navigation and phone.)

I will reply with my experience.

Sent from my Asus Eeepad

Last edited:

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting how much of a liability the radio in the Nexus seems to be in comparison to the overall package. Also nice to see more real world testing of 4G. Initial reports were making it look as though it would utterly destroy wifi in most places;extended trials seem to show it to far outshine 3G but not be up to par with most broadband connections. It has slightly better upload speed than what I usually get, but the downloads are only about half of what I experience.

Granted 4G signal quality does vary by area, but something to keep in mind.

OP
Captmilk

Captmilk

Reaction score
i have been researching all over trying to decide on the new Galaxy Nexus or the droid Razr.
i found this speed test review that you may find interesting.

Speed test showdown: Verizon Galaxy Nexus vs Motorola DROID RAZR vs HTC Rezound

Update:
I have decided to go with the Droid Razr. I have been using the Droid Milestone (first droid) since Nov of 2009. It absolutely changed my life with respect to running a business on the road. Paperless since activation. Never lost. No accidents (blue tooth hands free, one touch on calendar for navigation and phone.)

I will reply with my experience.

Sent from my Asus Eeepad

Great review as well I love seeing all these great phones compared for our benefit...