Read this review if you are thinking of switching to the Galaxy Nexus

Dweib

Reaction score
Yep I think that pretty much sums it up. My first impression was it looked like a bar of soap. But I admit it does have a clean screen. If it wasn't for ICS would anyone look twice at this phone?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

JHOOPS2

Reaction score
Great review, other than it not being true that you can't put folders on your home screen with the Razr.

Thanks!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Great review, other than it not being true that you can't put folders on your home screen with the Razr.

Thanks!
+1 on that...I use folders all the time...keeps the screens clean.

Androidatic

Reaction score
This is typical of all Samsung phones with respect to call quality and reception. Their radios are sub-par in all of their phones.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

JHOOPS2

Reaction score
Really I have always viewed the function of Android on the Razr as ICS-lite. It does a lot of things that my Honeycomb tablet does, and from what I gather ICS is basically a scaleable version of HC.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Really I have always viewed the function of Android on the Razr as ICS-lite. It does a lot of things that my Honeycomb tablet does, and from what I gather ICS is basically a scaleable version of HC.
I so agree with this comment. Motorola has really done a FANTASTIC job with GB and their UI. It's truly functional, smooth and very fast.

Stock Android just isn't polished and smooth. I was a huge opponent of manufacturer skins but I have become a huge proponent of them because I see what they bring to the table. Touchwiz and Blur are phenomenal UI's. They are smooth as silk and you can see the difference when using them. Sense is great as well but it feels a little to "heavy." (that is just MY opinion)

Androidatic

Reaction score
I so agree with this comment. Motorola has really done a FANTASTIC job with GB and their UI. It's truly functional, smooth and very fast.

Stock Android just isn't polished and smooth. I was a huge opponent of manufacturer skins but I have become a huge proponent of them because I see what they bring to the table. Touchwiz and Blur are phenomenal UI's. They are smooth as silk and you can see the difference when using them. Sense is great as well but it feels a little to "heavy." (that is just MY opinion)

I just wish we had the option to to turn manufacturer UI's off if we wish. After all, Android is supposed to be about customization.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

revelated

Reaction score
PCMag said:
The Nexus has decent but not excellent battery life, with 5 hours and 58 minutes of talk time in our tests. While that's fine, and the phone will probably last a day in normal use, the Droid RAZR lasted much longer with 8 hours and 42 minutes.

That's a crying shame. And yet people swear up and down that the RAZR has horrible battery life - when in reality, it doesn't as long as you don't use 4G. Use Wi-Fi, use 3G if you must, but don't use 4G and the phone really does have some amazing battery. 4G kills any phone, people should know that by now. The only phone I ever used that was able to last reasonably well on 4G was the Bionic - and even then it struggled at times.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
After owning that POS Samsung Charge, I swore I'd NEVER own another Samsung and I won't!

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!

Yes! I agree for the most part. I think the average user wants their FB integration etc, and wants a fluid easy to use experience. I feel like old builds _needed_ something over the top to make it feel comfortable. (vanilla Android was just kinda awkward on froyo!)

Here's my rundown. Touchwiz looks terrible, sense is way to rebuilt, blur has a lot of social stuff I have no need for, but out of all, I like blur the best. That is where ROMs come in. I loved Liberty! Its just so amazing! ;) You can pick what you want aosp and what you wanted blur.
My favorite ROM by far is of course CM7 though! It is stock, but has so many extra features I actually use! I wish that Stock Android or some manufacturer skins would actually take advantage of some of the Cyanogenmod features! :)

After owning that POS Samsung Charge, I swore I'd NEVER own another Samsung and I won't!

Haha, don't forget, gn is also designed by Google! ;)

This wants to be sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus

dankwizzydorf

Reaction score
GB and blur on the newest Motorola phones might be wonderful but you should see how great stock moto phones like the dx2 or the d2g are doing on GB. As a former OG Droid and Droid 2 owner I can attest to how buggy those builds were on my phones. I wanna see how the razor reacts to jellybean. My bet is my nexus will significantly outperform the razor within the year. Have fun waiting for those updates ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

revelated

Reaction score
GB and blur on the newest Motorola phones might be wonderful but you should see how great stock moto phones like the dx2 or the d2g are doing on GB. As a former OG Droid and Droid 2 owner I can attest to how buggy those builds were on my phones. I wanna see how the razor reacts to jellybean. My bet is my nexus will significantly outperform the razor within the year. Have fun waiting for those updates ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

My bet is that the RAZR is going to be the one phone that nobody can really complain too much about - except if they never tried it in the first place OR didn't give it enough of a chance.

Right now the only things people can say about the RAZR are (A) the non-removable battery bothers them because they always swap extended batteries (negated by battery packs or just CHARGING the thing), and (B)it's too wide to hold, which, sorry Steve, means they're "holding it wrong". Sure, if they're some petite female no taller than 5'2, I expect them to struggle. But I've seen husky guys with hands perfectly big enough complaining, and it's because they're cupping the thing. Holding it wrong. Sure, some don't like the Pentile display compared to the others, but the black levels destroy every other phone besides the Charge.

Even the Bionic is getting less complaints than the Nexus - mostly because under the nitpicks it's also a decent phone. Were it not for the questionable extended battery and iffy build quality, I'd probably have kept it.

Androidatic

Reaction score
My bet is that the RAZR is going to be the one phone that nobody can really complain too much about - except if they never tried it in the first place OR didn't give it enough of a chance.

Right now the only things people can say about the RAZR are (A) the non-removable battery bothers them because they always swap extended batteries (negated by battery packs or just CHARGING the thing), and (B)it's too wide to hold, which, sorry Steve, means they're "holding it wrong". Sure, if they're some petite female no taller than 5'2, I expect them to struggle. But I've seen husky guys with hands perfectly big enough complaining, and it's because they're cupping the thing. Holding it wrong. Sure, some don't like the Pentile display compared to the others, but the black levels destroy every other phone besides the Charge.

Even the Bionic is getting less complaints than the Nexus - mostly because under the nitpicks it's also a decent phone. Were it not for the questionable extended battery and iffy build quality, I'd probably have kept it.

Don't forget the Moto radios. I need a signal for phone and text all of the time. Date is optional and it's always a must but I gotta be able to receive calls.

The Raze is wide but when I compared it to the Nexus in the store, it was less than 1/8" wider, which is negligible.