Read this review if you are thinking of switching to the Galaxy Nexus

R

RETG

GB and blur on the newest Motorola phones might be wonderful but you should see how great stock moto phones like the dx2 or the d2g are doing on GB. As a former OG Droid and Droid 2 owner I can attest to how buggy those builds were on my phones. I wanna see how the razor reacts to jellybean. My bet is my nexus will significantly outperform the razor within the year. Have fun waiting for those updates ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

You will only get Jellybean if the Samsung is still working after a year. :D

Gleason81

Reaction score
GB and blur on the newest Motorola phones might be wonderful but you should see how great stock moto phones like the dx2 or the d2g are doing on GB. As a former OG Droid and Droid 2 owner I can attest to how buggy those builds were on my phones. I wanna see how the razor reacts to jellybean. My bet is my nexus will significantly outperform the razor within the year. Have fun waiting for those updates ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Jellybean?? Seriously? When is that going to come out?? Ha. Oh and BTW....it's RAZR not "razor".

pool_shark

Reaction score
I have the Nexus, it's only the second Samsung phone I've owned, the first being the Omnia.
So far I'm not having any issues. I don't concern myself with battery life on any phone because I work with computers and can charge any time I want.

I wanted the Razr until I started reading about blue tint and pixelation. The guy that sold me the Nexus has a Razr. He let me play with it for a bit and I saw no blue tint or pixelation and I almost bought it but decided on the Nexus instead.
There is no real reason I chose the Nexus over the Razr.

What's amusing to me is how Bionic owners started threads about the negatives of the Razr, and now here are Razr owners starting threads about the negatives of the Nexus.

pswin09

Reaction score
I have the Nexus, it's only the second Samsung phone I've owned, the first being the Omnia.
So far I'm not having any issues. I don't concern myself with battery life on any phone because I work with computers and can charge any time I want.

I wanted the Razr until I started reading about blue tint and pixelation. The guy that sold me the Nexus has a Razr. He let me play with it for a bit and I saw no blue tint or pixelation and I almost bought it but decided on the Nexus instead.
There is no real reason I chose the Nexus over the Razr.

What's amusing to me is how Bionic owners started threads about the negatives of the Razr, and now here are Razr owners starting threads about the negatives of the Nexus.

Yes, you are right friend.Every phone have prop & con.. It is personal decision to choose what they want.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why people need to put down another phone to validate their own purchase. I think it's awesome you guys like the RAZR! It's a great phone and does the Droid lineup proud but that doesn't make the Galaxy Nexus a bad phone. It's all personal preference at the end of the day, there really is no need to validate your decision. Be proud of the phone you have and don't worry about what biased reviews say, is there ever really an unbiased review of a phone???

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
...and so a factory reset wipes the entire internal memory, user defined storage and all? what a shame, i know i wont be buying a phone without external storage ever in my life.

Looks like another reason to stay with the RAZR for those considering the switch.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

markwebb

Reaction score
Looks like another reason to stay with the RAZR for those considering the switch.

...and another reason to stay with my Bionic which works well and is solidly built with clear reception.

pool_shark

Reaction score
What I don't understand is why people need to put down another phone to validate their own purchase. I think it's awesome you guys like the RAZR! It's a great phone and does the Droid lineup proud but that doesn't make the Galaxy Nexus a bad phone. It's all personal preference at the end of the day, there really is no need to validate your decision. Be proud of the phone you have and don't worry about what biased reviews say, is there ever really an unbiased review of a phone???

I agree. That is the point of the last line of my previous post.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by kptphalkon

...and so a factory reset wipes the entire internal memory, user defined storage and all? what a shame, i know i wont be buying a phone without external storage ever in my life.

This is incorrect. The data on the internal storage is not lost. Music and apps on the internal SD and any pictures saved there as well are not wiped when you factory reset. Don't just take things for granted, research it and find out for yourself.:biggrin:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by kptphalkon

This is incorrect. The data on the internal storage is not lost. Music and apps on the internal SD and any pictures saved there as well are not wiped when you factory reset. Don't just take things for granted, research it and find out for yourself.:biggrin:

First off, the post wasn't me taking things for granted. Second, I didn't post the original information. If you researched yourself before you jumped to conclusions and flamed you'd find out that the post I copied was from another thread and was a reply to the OP, who did a hard reset and claims to lost everything. What you say makes sense intuitively, but stranger problems with phones have been reported. Whether he did or didn't lose all his data, or whether it was his own fault or a fault of the phone is yet to be determined, but I thought it was interesting enough to mention on this thread for those who might be considering switching to the gnex. Some things said about it are accurate, others are inaccurate. Its up to the readers to decide. No need for flaming.

*edit* Frankly, not having removable memory does leave the possibility of any number of potential failures that could wipe or corrupt the internal Flash RAM, leaving the data lost for eternity. Having the ability to remove the card, at least for me, gives me the added comfort of knowing that my data is protected if I should need to do a hard reset - and if I should do something wrong in the process that would otherwise corrupt or erase the data, not to mention the ability to use a card reader and move data freely and effortlessly between the phone and the PC or other devices.

So the post, no matter how assuming you believe it to be does highlight one major fork in the road for many of us.

Last edited:

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've Factory Reset and SBFed my D2 on multiple occasions without once removing the SD card from its slot. If you feel the need to take it out when resetting that is your prerogative but it is not necessary and I've yet to see anyone having problems with resets because they have chosen not to do so.

Actually being able to remove the memory from the device is a non-issue 99.9% of the time. I will say that there's always the possibility that you could have static charge built up in your body and you just happen to fry everything when you touch the open phone to remove the SD card, but we're just dealing in hyperbole then, no? All I was saying is that there is no reason to add fuel to the fire because of some isolated incident; this thread already has enough ignorance going for it.

Androidatic

Reaction score
Actually being able to remove the memory from the device is a non-issue 99.9% of the time. I will say that there's always the possibility that you could have static charge built up in your body and you just happen to fry everything when you touch the open phone to remove the SD card, but we're just dealing in hyperbole then, no? All I was saying is that there is no reason to add fuel to the fire because of some isolated incident; this thread already has enough ignorance going for it.

Perhaps for you, but maybe it's important to others. Everyone uses their phones differently and has different requirements.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
why does everyone give a crap about what other people are using.

sent from unlocked gnex