RAZR vs Galaxy Nexus vs. Rezound

screaminz2002

Reaction score
SO many of these posts are dead on. I don't think any of these three phones are a home run for everyone and surely not solid enough for me to preorder one. I want to see the two side by side and play with both. I fall somewhere in the middle where if the Razr and Gnex were combined, it would be a no brainer. As it stands I can only lean towards one or the other.

tc1

Reaction score
SO many of these posts are dead on. I don't think any of these three phones are a home run for everyone and surely not solid enough for me to preorder one. I want to see the two side by side and play with both. I fall somewhere in the middle where if the Razr and Gnex were combined, it would be a no brainer. As it stands I can only lean towards one or the other.

Was the same, but dealing with my Pos thunderbolt and its terrible radios, causing missed calls, dropped data connection,etc made me really look at the fundamentals.

Doesn't matter software wise, I need a smartphone that can reliably make and receive calls.

And an internet connected phone means nothing if the data signal constantly goes out leaving you stuck a 1x or worse.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Hardware and reliability is what sold me on the RAZR. Had an OG Droid and have been rocking my Droid X since launch. Both trouble free.

I don't trust HTC after their security fiasco and they are famous for miserable batter life.

Don't really care for Sammy hardware and I still think first gen ICS is gonna be buggy for a while.

Lack of vanilla Android doesn't bother me because I will run GO Launcher and bloat can be frozen.

RAZR it is.

Sent from my DROIDX

tc1

Reaction score
Hardware and reliability is what sold me on the RAZR. Had an OG Droid and have been rocking my Droid X since launch. Both trouble free.

I don't trust HTC after their security fiasco and they are famous for miserable batter life.

Don't really care for Sammy hardware and I still think first gen ICS is gonna be buggy for a while.

Lack of vanilla Android doesn't bother me because I will run GO Launcher and bloat can be frozen.

RAZR it is.

Sent from my DROIDX

Is blur even on the razr?

I've seen a review that said it wasn't on this phone.

Ninjak

Reaction score
Was the same, but dealing with my Pos thunderbolt and its terrible radios, causing missed calls, dropped data connection,etc made me really look at the fundamentals.

Doesn't matter software wise, I need a smartphone that can reliably make and receive calls.

And an internet connected phone means nothing if the data signal constantly goes out leaving you stuck a 1x or worse.

Agreed. Loved my OG Droid and the sole problem I had with it were the headphone jacks on the first ones tended to get loose, which they fixed by the D2. I was fortunate enough to get a rep who let me swap out an OG for a Droid 2 after being able to successfully convince him that, while I loved my OG, it didn't have the oomph to handle Froyo once it was pushed to it. Been thrilled with my D2 ever since. Loved the build quality on both and my Bionic during my brief time with it. It looks like the tradition will continue with the leaked images of the Droid 4 recently shown. Glad to see they greatly improved the physical keyboard. Anyway, in the end, much as I use my phone for various data (thank goodness for unlimited data grandfathering), it's a phone first and needs to be a great phone for making and receiving calls clearly first and foremost. I've always been impressed with that aspect from Motorola.

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score

The thing that makes me smile about your post is the question: why did you buy a smart phone? Case in point was that about two years ago, my Wife and I took advantage of the D1 bogo deal. Mine was fine, hers made absolutely horrible connections. When she spoke to me it sounded like she was in a rock slide!!! So we took it back to the VZW phone store and asked for a replacement (this was after one week btw), and rep tried to tell me: "... well, the phone's primary function is data, not phone calls..."!!! I said, "excuse me, this is a phone right? Sold at the Verizon PHONE store, right?" After 30 minutes of this nonsense, they finally gave my wife a new phone.

gmtekk

Reaction score
Razr all the way for me...Samsung for some reason just gets poor reception up where I live. Motorola been around for a long time and never disappointed me. And the build is perfect for my line of work....there will always be a better phone than the one you have in your hand. The razr will for me just fine till my next upgrade, unless of coarse when I receive it I don't like how it functions, then again that's why we have the 14 day policy!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

tc1

Reaction score
The thing that makes me smile about your post is the question: why did you buy a smart phone? Case in point was that about two years ago, my Wife and I took advantage of the D1 bogo deal. Mine was fine, hers made absolutely horrible connections. When she spoke to me it sounded like she was in a rock slide!!! So we took it back to the VZW phone store and asked for a replacement (this was after one week btw), and rep tried to tell me: "... well, the phone's primary function is data, not phone calls..."!!! I said, "excuse me, this is a phone right? Sold at the Verizon PHONE store, right?" After 30 minutes of this nonsense, they finally gave my wife a new phone.

I think you missed my point.

I bought a smart phone for calls and connection to the internet.

But the data radios are so weak that I can barely use if sometimes.

silver6054

Reaction score
Several things brought me to the RAZR.

Global = Travel to Europe several times a year. This is a definite plus.
Is the Droid RAZR really global? On the Verizon Wireless page, it lists just LTE and CDMA. In other countries, the RAZR is quad-band GSM, but do we know the Verizon Droid RAZR is?

EDIT: Confirmed on Moto Owners Forum: The RAZR is NOT global.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/487989#487989

Ian, I have an official answer on this:

DROID RAZR was designed to leverage the blazing-fast speeds of Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network and worldphone functionality has not been included at this time. Please note that we've launched Motorola RAZR that will be available in many regions across the globe, including Europe, Latin America, Asia, and Middle East.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's a very good find as I, like many others, were under the impression that it was going to be global. I will re-think my plans now. I'd like to have global capability as I'm out of the country a number of times each year.

Oaklands

Reaction score

It's a real shame we can't fix stupid. That rep was S-T-U-P-I-D!

Felix 222

Reaction score
i want an unlocked bootloader for overclocking and superior screen, but the razr is just still tempting because of motorola's reliability. either way, by the time we determine the best phone, a superior phone will be just around the corner and buyers regret may settle in.

Oaklands

Reaction score
I have been all over the Nexus and all of you bring up the pros and cons I have considered. I too hope they have a reset button for the battery on the razr. Using an old OG Droid that has really started going downhill lately. From a "I drop mine" standpoint, the razr looks good. It will be a much better phone than what I have and should last me 2 years.

The moto phones have always been reliable and good quality signals. I've only had 1 Samsung phone and it was not up to par with any of my moto phones. As much as I thought I was going to go Nexus, I am now leaning more towards Razr.

tc1

Reaction score
Agreed. Loved my OG Droid and the sole problem I had with it were the headphone jacks on the first ones tended to get loose, which they fixed by the D2. I was fortunate enough to get a rep who let me swap out an OG for a Droid 2 after being able to successfully convince him that, while I loved my OG, it didn't have the oomph to handle Froyo once it was pushed to it. Been thrilled with my D2 ever since. Loved the build quality on both and my Bionic during my brief time with it. It looks like the tradition will continue with the leaked images of the Droid 4 recently shown. Glad to see they greatly improved the physical keyboard. Anyway, in the end, much as I use my phone for various data (thank goodness for unlimited data grandfathering), it's a phone first and needs to be a great phone for making and receiving calls clearly first and foremost. I've always been impressed with that aspect from Motorola.

Yep, had an original droid,passed it on to the wife when I got the thunderbolt.

No phone has seen such abuse...more scratches than paint. Been dropped a million times of concrete, mauled by my 2 year old.

Oh and the screen is totally shattered,not cracked, shattered. And the display still works, not perfectly but still functions.

I think the new razr will be even tougher.