RAZR vs Galaxy Nexus vs. Rezound

equake

Reaction score
Anyone who is preordering going to regret they got this phone instead of the Galaxy Nexus? How about the Rezound?

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Anyone who is preordering going to regret they got this phone instead of the Galaxy Nexus? How about the Rezound?

I think these are all awesome phones.. im prob going with the nexus but im sure anyone of those would make its owner happy.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
They all have there ups and downs. To me the Galaxy Nexus is the best because its a google phone so its stock android and gets all the updates first. Its also really easy to root and unlock. You type a few commands and your done.
Second would be the Rezound because it has a 720p screen like the Galaxy Nexus. There is a pretty good chance that this will be locked.
Last is the RAZR because it doesn't have a removeable battery, and it locked down.

OP
equake

equake

Reaction score
The removeable battery seems to be a big deal for some but others its not so. Take the iphone which never had a removeable battery but there were not that many gripes. If the battery life is as good as they say it then the removeable battery is a moot point. The main drawbacks I see are the mediocre camera, and locked bootloader on VZW. Some do not like the moto ui but that can be either removed or overwritten with another launcher. Since there are already rumors of rooting, custom ROMs are only a step away.

bjorn65

Reaction score

I order the Razr for I am going to England for thanksgiving and I need a global phone, but I want to see how the Razr sound with my music, For I will not consider the Galaxy Nexus, for it is not a world phone. The Rezound is suppose to be best for music and has the best screen so, if I don't like the Razr I have 14 days to return it. You forget to mention the Driod 4, is around the corner. So is the Motorola Dinara. So what every you do don't have buyer regret.

tc1

Reaction score
A phone has to be good hardware 1st for me.

Moto makes by far the best communication hardware.

Spec wise the razr is better than the nexus other than the HD screen which I actually think will be a possible bad thing.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

bjorn65

Reaction score
A phone has to be good hardware 1st for me.

Moto makes by far the best communication hardware.

Spec wise the razr is better than the nexus other than the HD screen which I actually think will be a possible bad thing.

I hate to disagree with you but from a hardware point of few the HTC Rezound is the strongest of the phones.

THE Nexus falls short with Camera and if you care global capabilities.

The screen on the Rezound is 720 P, it also a world phone, Plus it designed to for beats head set, so it's great for music

The Galaxy Nexus has ICE and Ice cream, 4.0 but that will be updated by New Year.

tc1

Reaction score
I typed that in a hurry, I meant reliable hardware spec wise.

HTC can suck it....they have proven themselves to have terrible hardware and software.

Never had a Samsung smart phone but reviewers are pretty clear that their hardware sucks also.

tc1

Reaction score
I learned my lesson with this Pos thunderbolt.

Bells and whistles mean nothing if you have terrible reception,data signal loss,and god aweful software updates.

R

RETG

Razr - More information needed in regard to what happens if the phone software freezes up and a battery pull IS required. Happens on occasion on my Droid X. And please, don't tell me about a combination of buttons to press like with the iPhone, this combination is still software dependant and if the software is frozen, it won't work. Know two people who have had to return iPhones to the store to have a battery pulled by the techs to clear the software. And for me, a trip to the Verizon store is 115 miles door-to-door, so that is really not on option. So, I need to know:
1. Is there an actual recessed, reset button that is a true mechanical switch to remove battery power from the battery to the power supply?
2. If no reset switch, can I remove the battery by removing a few screws, then the battery; WITHOUT voiding the warranty?
Granted I may never need to do this, but for that just in case problem I need to know. Don't need a brick, have plenty of those lying around.

Rezound - Where in the heck is it? No official release with specs from HTC that I have ever read. A lot of speculation a lot of people saying what the specs are, but nothing from HTC that I have ever read. Sounds very interesting, and people I know who have HTC have liked them, and it appears their radios are as strong as Moto. (Very important when you live in a small town and need a radio that can pull in a signal in the fringe areas.)

Nexus - My short experience with the Fascinate, and experiences of friends in this area and those who visit who have Samsung phones, is the radio is terrible. Will not pull in a signal where Moto and HTC pulls in a signal.
ICS looks cool, but that is last on my list of things required. Screen looks really nice, but will I be able to tell the difference between this screen and the one on the Razr or the Rezound? I don't watch movies, I don't do videos.

My first purpose is a PHONE to make calls, my second is something to surf the internet and received emails/text messages, etc. Would be nice to be able to actually read a screen in the sunlight, but have learned to find shade, either by turning around or standing next to a building or vehicle when necessary.

Just some thoughts from the high plateau desert....

SANhacker

Reaction score
I may or may not regret my purchase of the RAZR yesterday. Time will tell.
What I do know is my OG took a turn for the worse over the weekend and I need a phone now. (Well, two weeks from now as I SBF the OG almost daily)

Several things brought me to the RAZR.

Global = Travel to Europe several times a year. This is a definite plus.

Gorilla Glass = My OG is scratch free after 22 months. Not sure what "durable" glass is.

Build Quality = When I saw the unboxing of the Nexus on Youtube and noticed the flexible plastic battery cover. Ouch.
I love the feel of my OG aluminum (or whatever) quality. It still looks like brand new with the exception of the camera button. :)

SD Card = Ran my first OG through the washer. Phone was toast. SD card was fine.

Then again, a couple of things were making me lean to the Nexus

Camera = I carry a DSLR for photos. I think I've taken less than a dozen photos with the OG.
I pack everything from 10-22mm to 100-400mm Canon L glass and it suits my needs just fine.

Battery = This was a big deal at first. Then I realized I have had a charged battery in my truck for almost two years and never used it.
for those who are away from their vehicle, office or home for extended periods, this would be a show stopper. It's just not me.

Unlocked Bootloader = I tried OC'ing my OG with mixed results. Have not overclocked in over a year.

CPU, GPU = I might play Angry Birds once a month when extremely bored. My OG handles this challenge just fine so I don't see any advantage of one over the other.

All said and done, I can live with my choice for two years until the water cooled Octi core processors are out. ;)

Ninjak

Reaction score
I was on the fence for a long while, especially between the Galaxy Nexus and Rezound for the full native ICS screen resolution. But I ended up pre-ordering the RAZR for the following reasons:

1 – HTC Rezound, despite full 720p, likely has a battery-eating S-LCD screen. Thunderbolt had legendary battery life issues which I doubt have been resolved for the Rezound.
2 – I really don’t feel like having to remove the entire back of the Rezound every time I want to access the battery and microsd
3 – Lack of trust in Samsung's build quality and their GPS radios for the Galaxy Nexus
4 – I really don’t like the thought having to transfer multiple/large files to the G Nexus via direct USB connection as opposed to popping out an SD card. And don't get me started on "the cloud". That's fine for when I have small files. I prefer to keep all my music on an SD and save internal storage for everything else. I've still yet to hear confirmation that the version VZ gets will be the 32Gb one or that it'll be no more than $299, if so.
5 – RAZR will have ICS soon enough, and lack of a near field communication option isn’t a deal-breaker for me. Especially considering Bluetooth 4.0's benefits.
6 – Despite the sealed battery, which was going to be a deal-breaker for me, I'll give the power management options a chance, and batt life should only improve with ICS. Else I'll toss on CM9 when it's completed. Plus, in part thanks to iPhones and tablets, microusb chargers have gotten much better and more prevalent over the years such that it's no diff than carrying a spare battery. Not better than swapping one out, but perhaps tolerable now.
7 – Motorola or Verizon may possibly start up a droid loyalty program. Not a major factor, but worth considering.

That being said, if the RAZR has the same sound issues as Bionic did (the high-pitched whining) or the built-in battery doesn’t last long enough, back it goes within 14 days for a refund and I’ll have time to see if Rezound or Nexus are more worthy. I love Moto's build quality, but this will be their last chance for me to get it right. Since I listen to lot of music on my phone, I had been looking forward to the Rezound. Not for the Beats itself but because it means sound quality was a focus of the phone in general. Short of some review claiming exceptional battery life or a surprise announcement on the 3rd that it'll have an AMOLED screen or ICS way sooner than expected, I'll pass on the Rezound and trade its superior screen resolution for RAZR's build quality. I rarely watch more than Youtube videos anyway, so I don't truly need the 720p screen, much as I'd love to have it. Perhaps an AMOLED successor to the Rezound will be my next phone, unless Motorola comes up with something else stunning. Either way, I can't wait to get this phone. :biggrin:

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
Nexus is especially tempting... no blur, no skin... just the way I prefer. (I wear button-down collar shirts, too).

Ninjak

Reaction score
Nexus is especially tempting... no blur, no skin... just the way I prefer. (I wear button-down collar shirts, too).

I just wish it didn't lack that SD slot. Depending what happens, I still may end up getting it down the line. I do wish the NFC technology wasn't built into their batteries, though. People are beginning to wonder how much more expensive that will make replacements.

tc1

Reaction score
HTC is known for having very weak radios.