RAZR Rated #1 Android Phone in 2011 by AndroidCenteral

Arodnum1

Reaction score
Well the iPhone 4s wasn't much of a game changer other than small improvements and the introduction of siri. I've used iris on my droids since the beginning of 2011 and androids have had similar apps for years now. That being said I can see why they've been left in the cold as far as awards go

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr

+1

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seems one of the main factors was the thin design of the Razr, a plus for some but a drawback for others :wink-b:

blackterry

Reaction score
What the heck would I want to remove my battery for... That's like removing the breaker out of your main panel to turn your bedroom lights off...

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
Well the iPhone 4s wasn't much of a game changer other than small improvements and the introduction of siri. I've used iris on my droids since the beginning of 2011 and androids have had similar apps for years now. That being said I can see why they've been left in the cold as far as awards go

I *love* iris!! My nephew thought he was all that when he got his iPhone 4s......he didn't realize I had been using iris for awhile. LOL

Kimo91

Reaction score
You know if there was an award for most stupid frivolous lawsuits and non idea originality Apple would be the only repeat winner year after year LMAO

Zandar

Reaction score
It seems that most of the people that are incredulous about the RAZR getting top honours over the GNex are GNex owners (or wannabe owners) that have yet to try the RAZR. I honestly was dogging the RAZR due to its blur-no-blur until I tried one. I never thought I would say this, but Motorola actually improved on Gingerbread's interface (and I've used a few devices with stock and skinned Gingerbread; GTab with Touchwiz over GB, for instance, sucks).

A classic "don't knock it 'till you try it" situation.

Kimo91

Reaction score
It seems that most of the people that are incredulous about the RAZR getting top honours over the GNex are GNex owners (or wannabe owners) that have yet to try the RAZR. I honestly was dogging the RAZR due to its blur-no-blur until I tried one. I never thought I would say this, but Motorola actually improved on Gingerbread's interface (and I've used a few devices with stock and skinned Gingerbread; GTab with Touchwiz over GB, for instance, sucks).

A classic "don't knock it 'till you try it" situation.

+1 totally agree. My first introduction to blur was on my Droid 2 2 years ago and at first I wasn't impress myself but after the GB update blur improved significantly IMO. also agree with your "don't knock it till you tried it" analogy

Sent from my Rooted and Safestrapped Moto DROID RAZR

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Entirely too much importance/value place on "thinness". The only thing thin really accomplishes is to make the phones more fragile - so you need a protective case and then what's the point of being thin? I'd also make the point that your leg is round and your pants conform to that, so the thinner a phone gets relative to its length/width the flatter it becomes thus fitting less comfortably in a pocket.

Also, IMO phones need a certain amount of depth to be held and used comfortably. Again, your hand has some "concaveness" to it, meaning too thin relative to length/width makes it uncomfortable to hold.

rumblee1

Reaction score
I agree that the RAZR deserves this rating but the way I use my phone, I'd be out of power by 3 o'clock. So, I went with the bionic and couldent be happier. Powerful, super fast, and I can change the battery when I run out of power.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums