RAZR Rated #1 Android Phone in 2011 by AndroidCenteral

Reaction score
I agree that the RAZR deserves this rating but the way I use my phone, I'd be out of power by 3 o'clock. So, I went with the bionic and couldent be happier. Powerful, super fast, and I can change the battery when I run out of power.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I have the razr idk what your doing on it but mine last me 15 hours a day or more

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Zandar

Reaction score
Entirely too much importance/value place on "thinness". The only thing thin really accomplishes is to make the phones more fragile - so you need a protective case and then what's the point of being thin? I'd also make the point that your leg is round and your pants conform to that, so the thinner a phone gets relative to its length/width the flatter it becomes thus fitting less comfortably in a pocket.

Also, IMO phones need a certain amount of depth to be held and used comfortably. Again, your hand has some "concaveness" to it, meaning too thin relative to length/width makes it uncomfortable to hold.
Out of curiosity, have you used a RAZR for any significant amount of time? I thought thinness was a gimmick at first, but after having this phone for a while I have to say I simply love how it's enormous size disappears into my pocket [insert "that's what she said" here] and how good it feels in the hand [insert "that's what she said" here, as well]. The thinness really does go a long way to improve the overall experience as this is a device with portability as one of its main features. I only appreciated the thinness aesthetically until I lived with it for a few weeks.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, have you used a RAZR for any significant amount of time?

Not the RAZR, but the Nexus (which is less than 2/10ths of an inch thicker than the RAZR!) and, of course the IPad (worshipped for its thinness). I'm not saying the RAZR is too thin, but it does depend on how you hold a device and I also think the point I made about relative to width/length applies.

jdroid80

Reaction score
Entirely too much importance/value place on "thinness". The only thing thin really accomplishes is to make the phones more fragile - so you need a protective case and then what's the point of being thin? I'd also make the point that your leg is round and your pants conform to that, so the thinner a phone gets relative to its length/width the flatter it becomes thus fitting less comfortably in a pocket.

Also, IMO phones need a certain amount of depth to be held and used comfortably. Again, your hand has some "concaveness" to it, meaning too thin relative to length/width makes it uncomfortable to hold.

Well I thought the Bionic felt bulky compared to my X. Even my X took a couple days to get used to coming from D2. So any hand "concaveness" you refer to comfort, really applies to any phone. But coming from an DX and Bionic the RAZR was perfect. Add that it's the lightest smart phone, the design couldn't be better. So your theories are more speculation than actual experience.

And who needs a case? I don't. Even the free one I got with a bulk purchase is nearly half the size of my D2, and about 1 mm thinner than my DX.

Zandar

Reaction score
Not the RAZR, but the Nexus (which is less than 2/10ths of an inch thicker than the RAZR!) and, of course the IPad (worshipped for its thinness). I'm not saying the RAZR is too thin, but it does depend on how you hold a device and I also think the point I made about relative to width/length applies.
It's a small number, to be sure, but percentage wise the GNex is still about 25% thicker than the RAZR (at their thinnest points), and that makes a big difference in feel. Like with the blur-not-blur skin: don't knock it 'till you've tried it.

When comparing against the GNex, you also have to take into consideration features. The GNex has ICS, NFC, and a removable battery. The RAZR has MicroSD and HDMI without needing a convertor. Then there are the other, hardware advantages to the RAZR: Kevlar (even if it's a small advantage, it's still an advantage), better radios, better mics, better speaker, etc. Once ICS is on the RAZR, there's very little to make the GNex stand out over the RAZR unless you need a removable battery and/or NFC (though that last part may be moot in a little bit due to MicroSD cards with built in NFC).

Bottom line: it's very conceivable for someone to pick the RAZR as the better phone over the GNex. Those reader polls barely count since a) readers usually have only used one device, and b) the GNex was voted as #1 before people even used it (hardly objective). I've used the RAZR a lot and the GNex a very little, but I wouldn't trade my RAZR for a GNex at this point.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I honestly was dogging the RAZR due to its blur-no-blur until I tried one. I never thought I would say this, but Motorola actually improved on Gingerbread's interface (and I've used a few devices with stock and skinned Gingerbread; GTab with Touchwiz over GB, for instance, sucks).

A classic "don't knock it 'till you try it" situation.
Been saying this since 11/11/11 :)

They did a fantastic job on the UI. You cannot tell it's (Blur) even there. It looks like themed GB nothing more. I really like this phone. It just works and looks great doing it.

HTC1

Reaction score
Surprising since rezound has best screen, radio, processor, and speaker.... But it gets NO hype

Sent from my HTC Vigor

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Been saying this since 11/11/11 :)

They did a fantastic job on the UI. You cannot tell it's (Blur) even there. It looks like themed GB nothing more. I really like this phone. It just works and looks great doing it.

I agree with all of your comments guys! I so wanted to post this the day it hit on a few sites but didn't want the other owners to assume I was being an arse. Lol So glad to see it up and that no disputes have been created. I was really tired of people thinking the best phone was whatever it was they had. I really could care less what's better. But this post is really for the childish arguments posted in the past about who has the best. It just feels nice because I always tried to be fair and simply state the personal preference ..thanks all for your positive feedback. We always knew. Didn't we...? Lol

Tapped via Motorola Droid Razr!
Peace!

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
The RAZR might be the best phone for some but not for others. I don't see how they can claim it the best phone.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I agree with all of your comments guys! I so wanted to post this the day it hit on a few sites but didn't want the other owners to assume I was being an arse. Lol So glad to see it up and that no disputes have been created. I was really tired of people thinking the best phone was whatever it was they had. I really could care less what's better. But this post is really for the childish arguments posted in the past about who has the best. It just feels nice because I always tried to be fair and simply state the personal preference ..thanks all for your positive feedback. We always knew. Didn't we...? Lol

Peace!
I don't even like to go with what phone is better or this or that. It's subjective opinion. If somebody is looking for a 100% reliable 4G LTE smartphone I do not hesitate to recommend the RAZR. There is no "The phone is excellent except for_this problem_" or "It's an awesome phone but it has an issue with_that problem_"

This phone is solid all the way around. Email, phone calls, speaker phone, connectivity is "perfect" You want a great LTE phone that works I'll recommend the RAZR. RAZR=100% Reliability and that I can state as fact

The best phone is what works for you. There is no such thing as the best phone.....nonsense I say :)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't even like to go with what phone is better or this or that. It's subjective opinion. If somebody is looking for a 100% reliable 4G LTE smartphone I do not hesitate to recommend the RAZR. There is no "The phone is excellent except for_this problem_" or "It's an awesome phone but it has an issue with_that problem_"

This phone is solid all the way around. Email, phone calls, speaker phone, connectivity is "perfect" You want a great LTE phone that works I'll recommend the RAZR. RAZR=100% Reliability and that I can state as fact

The best phone is what works for you. There is no such thing as the best phone.....nonsense I say :)

Thanks bro! That's what I always say!:) lol

Peace!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The RAZR might be the best phone for some but not for others. I don't see how they can claim it the best phone.

That's true for any phone ...the G Nex, Bionic, iPhone, [insert phone here], ....

I do feel that the G Nex and RAZR are a lil too new to be considered best for all of 2011 tho. Neither one should be on any lists. The Rezound too. They just came out.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to knock the Razr (I was die hard Moto for a long time), but it does have one of those "it's great, but" things. And its the locked boot loader. Now the typical end user won't care or even notice it. But it was a BIG issue to me. I went with the Nex for two reasons.

1. The boot loader and support
2. ICS

Now, I know the Razr will get ICS, but I wanted it now. I was theming my Droid as close as I could to ICS, but it just wasn't cutting it. I'm happy as can be with my Nex (and I'm sure Razr and Rezound owners are happy as well).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The combination of buttons pushed to process a hard reset is still software dependent. If the software is totally screwed up, it might not work. I know two people who have had to take their iPhones into a store to have the battery removed to restart their iPhones.

However, it appears that the Razr's battery can be removed and it should not take that much time to do so if required.

I'm just noting that there is a difference between a software dependent "battery pull," and an actual removal of the power source by manual means.

OK, so let's set the record straight... The two-button reset on the Droid RAZR is NOT a software dependent feature. It is a direct HARDWARE POWER CYCLE that is built-into the motherboard. When the two buttons are pressed for the 10 seconds it triggers an independent hardware process that can not be avoided or circumvented by a lock-up of the system or an app. The reason it waits 10 seconds is so that it is not triggered accidently. It is essentially the same as holding the power button on the front of most Windows PCs.

Androidatic

Reaction score
OK, so let's set the record straight... The two-button reset on the Droid RAZR is NOT a software dependent feature. It is a direct HARDWARE POWER CYCLE that is built-into the motherboard. When the two buttons are pressed for the 10 seconds it triggers an independent hardware process that can not be avoided or circumvented by a lock-up of the system or an app. The reason it waits 10 seconds is so that it is not triggered accidently. It is essentially the same as holding the power button on the front of most Windows PCs.

Bingo!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk