RAZR Rated #1 Android Phone in 2011 by AndroidCenteral

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think most people's preference of having a removable battery isnt necessarily soft resets, but more so just having the option to easily remove and replace the battery after a year or so of use if the battery goes bad.

Well I get that. However when you have insurance I'm sure the phone gets replaced instead of repaired. Sounds good to me. I could be wrong but they would probably send a refurb rather than leave you without a device or send a lender. Know what I mean?

Tapped via Motorola Droid Razr!
Peace!

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I said easily replaceable. As in not having to disassemble the phone (in any way) to replace it. If Motorola intended for the end user to remove/replace the battery then they wouldn't have designed the phone the way they did. I was STRICTLY motorola until they started doing this. It matters to some and others not so much. Its simply preference.

Last edited:

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I said easily replaceable. As in not having to disassemble the phone (in any way) to replace it. If Motorola intended for the end user to remove/replace the battery then they wouldn't have designed the phone the way they did. I was STRICTLY motorola until they started doing this. It matters to some and others not so much. Its simply preference.

I understand brother! Its all good. And man I tell you I thought long and hard before I made the decision. I felt in the longrun if I had an issue with the battery, I would be alright because like I said they would have to fix the problem. Peace and Safe new year!:)

Peace!

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Ive had the Droid 1, Droid 2, Droid Pro, and Droid X and I absolutely loved them all. Motorola's hardware is definitely unmatched, but I do have to say that I love this big samoled screen on the Nexus. I'm thinking I have to just be a little more careful with my Nexus than my Motorola phones :biggrin: Happy New Year to you bro. Stay safe.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ive had the Droid 1, Droid 2, Droid Pro, and Droid X and I absolutely loved them all. Motorola's hardware is definitely unmatched, but I do have to say that I love this big samoled screen on the Nexus. I'm thinking I have to just be a little more careful with my Nexus than my Motorola phones :biggrin: Happy New Year to you bro. Stay safe.

For sure brother! You know the Gnex is my next purchase. The d4 will be an added line for my business..lol love bro!

Peace!

nikecar

Reaction score
Really, you can't remove the battery.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Does the nexus have a removeable microsd card? No? Oh snap.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

gravalico

Reaction score
I don't understand the whole "can't remove the battery" argument. Obviously people who purchase the Razr have determined that an extra battery isn't required for their daily smart phone requirements. As has been pointed out their is a way to do a hard reset if required. That being the case what practical benefit does a removable battery offer? I mean you can't remove the battery on an iPhone and that particular device is considered an icon of technology. So if Steve Jobs says you can't remove a battery it's okay? Don't get it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:
R

RETG

The combination of buttons pushed to process a hard reset is still software dependent. If the software is totally screwed up, it might not work. I know two people who have had to take their iPhones into a store to have the battery removed to restart their iPhones. So, there is a difference. (I have had to do that to a Toshiba Laptop I used to own a few times. Holding the button in for ten seconds is supposed to do a hard reset, but a few times, I have had to remove the battery. The software was the problem.)

However, it appears that the Razr's battery can be removed and it should not take that much time to do so if required.

I am not condemning the Razr for this failure to allow the battery to be removed. So far, I have not read of anyone having to take their Razr back due to it being totally locked up. Then again, probably only (max) five percent of people who own phones come to forums. In fact, my browsing of these forums the past few months has been to decide what phone to get if I do get a new phone, and I have narrowed it down from three (Nexus, Rezound, Razr) to two (Rezound, Razr) and if I was to make a decision today it would be the Razr.

I'm just noting that there is a difference between a software dependent "battery pull," and an actual removal of the power source by manual means.

rherron

Reaction score
So far, I have not read of anyone having to take their Razr back due to it being totally locked up.

I've not either, and likely if it ever happens it will be one-in-a-million. Not being able to physically remove the battery is a completely hypothetical "what-if" issue.

Folks who bought the RAZR don't think they'll need to swap out a battery out in the field or whatever. Folks who bought the Nexus believe that the internal storage is ample for their needs. Both groups of buyers made a decision that works for them.

If the battery is an issue, don't get a RAZR. If storage is an issue, don't get a Nexus.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've not either, and likely if it ever happens it will be one-in-a-million. Not being able to physically remove the battery is a completely hypothetical "what-if" issue.

Folks who bought the RAZR don't think they'll need to swap out a battery out in the field or whatever. Folks who bought the Nexus believe that the internal storage is ample for their needs. Both groups of buyers made a decision that works for them.

If the battery is an issue, don't get a RAZR. If storage is an issue, don't get a Nexus.

Well said...:) agreed..

Peace!

Dan_08

Reaction score
why are we discussing Batteries? Its finally official that the Razr is the best Smartphone! We can say its all preference but now we have "experts" making the claim:hail:

gravalico

Reaction score
The combination of buttons pushed to process a hard reset is still software dependent. If the software is totally screwed up, it might not work. I know two people who have had to take their iPhones into a store to have the battery removed to restart their iPhones. So, there is a difference. (I have had to do that to a Toshiba Laptop I used to own a few times. Holding the button in for ten seconds is supposed to do a hard reset, but a few times, I have had to remove the battery. The software was the problem.)

However, it appears that the Razr's battery can be removed and it should not take that much time to do so if required.

I am not condemning the Razr for this failure to allow the battery to be removed. So far, I have not read of anyone having to take their Razr back due to it being totally locked up. Then again, probably only (max) five percent of people who own phones come to forums. In fact, my browsing of these forums the past few months has been to decide what phone to get if I do get a new phone, and I have narrowed it down from three (Nexus, Rezound, Razr) to two (Rezound, Razr) and if I was to make a decision today it would be the Razr.

I'm just noting that there is a difference between a software dependent "battery pull," and an actual removal of the power source by manual means.

Fair enough. I'm just saying it is odd how the iPhone gets a pass on this issue. As for me, I have a charger in my home, office and car. I have the extended warranty and additional insurance on my phone. Lastly I truly enjoy upgrading my phone every two years. Thus...a non-removable battery is just not an issue for me. And battery "issue" aside...this is one sweet phone!

Kimo91

Reaction score
Well the iPhone 4s wasn't much of a game changer other than small improvements and the introduction of siri. I've used iris on my droids since the beginning of 2011 and androids have had similar apps for years now. That being said I can see why they've been left in the cold as far as awards go

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr