RAZR Rated #1 Android Phone in 2011 by AndroidCenteral

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
That's quite a surprise....not that it's a bad thing :)

Thanks for sharing

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
Really, you can't remove the battery.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Kimo91

Reaction score
It is one of the best but IMO can't really rate a phone number 1 for only being out a month. Definitely a top 3 for sure.

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow....interesting.

Oh, ok...I just visited the site. There were 2 awards: Editors Choice and Readers Choice. Its interesting reading the Editor's Choices and Reader's Choices.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P

Who cares? I am glad you don't have to remove the battery to do a hard reset. If I had to take off my Ottorbox case every time I needed to do a hard reset that would suck. Not that I have ever needed to because the phone is great and has never frozen on me. Just saying having the Ottorbox case on not being able to remove the battery makes this phone that much better.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

With small external batteries like this: (see the pic of it in the guy's hand)

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-5600mAh-External-flashlight-Motorola/dp/B005K7192G

Extended or spare batteries will be a thing of the past for me. And as long as there is a way to hard reset...like tablets that have non removable batteries....its not that bad. FWIW...it can be removed...and its not as hard as one might think.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Holding vol- and power is the same as removing the battery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I think most people's preference of having a removable battery isnt necessarily soft resets, but more so just having the option to easily remove and replace the battery after a year or so of use if the battery goes bad.

IN AWE

Reaction score
I think most people's preference of having a removable battery isnt necessarily soft resets, but more so just having the option to easily remove and replace the battery after a year or so of use if the battery goes bad.

This phone not having a removable battery is not the same as non-replaceable. The RAZR battery can be replaced as you describe with little effort.

jdroid80

Reaction score
I agree, RAZR is the #1 phone.

I've never, and would never, carry a 2nd battery. Luckily in the 1 1/2 month I've had the Razr, I haven't needed to reset the phone yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Dave315

Reaction score
Wireless and Mobile News Rates Razr #1 Overall

Wireless and Mobile News looked at "top 10 lists" from a variety of reviewing sites and ranked the Razr ahead of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, the Bionic, and the iPhone 4S. It also noted that CNET had given the Razr its Top Best Smartphone for 2011.

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well....like with most things in life....the total picture, overall package must have been looked at. I'm not arguing the decision..lol, just surprised since it just came out in Nov 2011.