Razr Maxx users

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I loved my Maxx, and now I love my Maxx HD even more!
I've been using Smart Actions for awhile now, and have one set up for work (by location) and home (by location). I've noticed that quite often, Smart Actions will "reestablish" itself and I'll get the notification in my list. Here at home, I've had it completely disconnect from the SA I have set up and won't reconnect until I go in and tell it to. I'm assuming this is negatively impacting my battery.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I loved my Maxx, and now I love my Maxx HD even more!
I've been using Smart Actions for awhile now, and have one set up for work (by location) and home (by location). I've noticed that quite often, Smart Actions will "reestablish" itself and I'll get the notification in my list. Here at home, I've had it completely disconnect from the SA I have set up and won't reconnect until I go in and tell it to. I'm assuming this is negatively impacting my battery.

just keeps getting better and better for us MOTO fans. bring on the XMAXX.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Sure is good looking, can't wait!

:D LOL! Well, I've read and re-read just about every course there a few times. I am just re-teaching what they've done such a great job with, and applying that knowledge to my experience with our phone. Thanks though!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
All hail FoxKat! :hail::hail::hail:

I am trying to do the down to 15 so I can turn it off and let get to 100% tonight while I sleep and its sitting here with the screen on barely dropping. When I am on wifi I get great battery life but man with 4G and going from 4G back to 3G etc its hard on my poor maxx and really drains the battery. I wish there was a better way to control the 3G to 4G etc.

have you tried LTE on/off to lock it on 3G, when I had my maxx I locked 'er om 3G. now with my maxx hd i cant force it on 3G, 100dbs of lousy signal and it holds onto 4G, woot.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Through the evolution of batteries I always trusted BU instead of differing stories at the RC tracks.:blink:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Through the evolution of batteries I always trusted BU instead of differing stories at the RC tracks.:blink:

Good call. RC users are probably the hardest on LIPO batteries of anyone, and being hard on these batteries results in lots of problems, from bulging pouches, to overheating, to internal shunting (shorting) and fires. They're also the ones who get the shortest lifespan by far of any LIPO users, because they're charging at MUCH faster rates than we do, another way to over-stress the battery and dramatically shorten its lifespan. They also tend to charge to the upper limit in voltages, yet another stress-inducing process, and again lifespan-shortening.

By contrast, electric car manufacturers are probably the softest on these batteries, mainly because they use so many in a battery pack and the costs of those packs are outrageous. Most ECar manufacturers only charge their batteries to maximum 85% of capacity, and often they offer a "battery extender charge" which only charges to sometimes as low as 70% of capacity. Likewise, they're configured to read "low battery" when the charge level reaches 30% of capacity, and the real harsh warnings come at 20%.

When your batteries cost $7,000 plus labor to install, you tend to be a little more careful about how you charge and discharge. We could learn a lesson or two from the ECar manufacturers.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk HD

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Foxkat......consider consulting with Boeing on their 787 lipo battery problems.....I'm sure Japan Air Lines might flip a couple of mil your way if you can get their planes back in the air :) :) :)

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have trouble getting them to work I will try that one and see how it works. I just looked at it. It does not allow me to lock on to 3G anymore. The problem is our town just got 4G and the 3G and 4G towers seem to fight each other so it goes back and forth a ton. I have gone through and gotten rid of apps that don't seem to help battery. Today I have been home all day using WIFI only done some stuff with my phone and its sitting at 12.5 hours off charger with 85% battery left that is awesome now to try and get a little better when I am on data but not sure there is much I can do.

have you tried LTE on/off to lock it on 3G, when I had my maxx I locked 'er om 3G. now with my maxx hd i cant force it on 3G, 100dbs of lousy signal and it holds onto 4G, woot.

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I forgot to set my "Work" SmartAction today. After 6 hours, my battery was at 60%. SmartActions apparently can do wonders. Just a thought.

I also have JuiceDefender Ultimate. It was enabled (on extreme). Not sure how much it might've preserved my battery, although I'm starting to wonder. Maybe I never configured it correctly.

I'm going to mess with Tasker later on when I have time.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
The HTC thunderbolt LTE on off works well an both RAZR series.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Foxkat......consider consulting with Boeing on their 787 lipo battery problems.....I'm sure Japan Air Lines might flip a couple of mil your way if you can get their planes back in the air :) :) :)

I thought about it, but I don't want Couple hundred peoples' lives in my hands! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Cut to the chase foxkat, Goodenough might just be good enough. Lol.

"stroped" of my razr maxx, poo.

sava700

Reaction score
Love it.. the battery life is awesome - I hardly ever get it to 15% unless I'm trying to so I can turn it off and do a full charge to reset the battery. I'm on the soak test for JB so let it come! :D

ImJustSayin

Reaction score
Mine got stuck in what appeared to be a loop just 3 days after I bought it. I thought it might have been a launcher that I installed, so I uninstalled it and tested again, but got the same result. Here's the order of things: Phone is unresponsive when long-pressing the power button. It then turns on about 30-45 seconds after having pressed power. Boots to home screen. Loads widgets etc, and works for about 2-3 minutes and then shuts off again. Rinse and repeat. I have since sent it back and am waiting on a replacement. I specifically chose the Razr Maxx due to its exceptional battery size. I'm hoping that this was just a fluke. I'll post again if I have the same or similar problems.

Well guys, I don't know if I'm pulling from a bad batch of phones, or what, but my replacement Razr Maxx is nearly as unusable as my first. To be clear, I'm using the stock OS and the phone is not rooted. This time around, the phone regularly freezes when opening messenger apps (whatsapp, handcent), and using media functions (camera, video) within messenger apps. Additionally, the phone regularly freezes when using Spotify. I have had to reboot the phone countless times, in order to bring it back to a usable state. Needless to say, I am very disappointed with Motorola and their shoddy OS implementation. My Droid X was a solid phone, which is why I went back to Motorola for a new device, but after this experience with the Razer Maxx, I don't think I'll ever own another Motorola phone again. To punctuate this whole mess, I have to eat the cost of the case and screen protector that I bought for this phone, as well. Ugh, infuriating. I'll be sending this phone back, post-haste.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If I was going to turn all that stuff off I would just have a simple phone that doesn't do all that. Most people sleep about 8 hours a day which is a perfect time to charge your phone. I can easily get 16 hours of use out of my phone each day while still having everything syncing quite often.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD