Razr Maxx users

olona

Reaction score
So just wondering,, Do you still love your Maxx?

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
With all my heart!!! I got it a V-Day present!!! LOL

We are the Droid!! You will be assimilated!! Resistance is futile!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
Yes. I love it.

Although ever since the Jelly Bean leak that I installed, my battery life seems to have decreased while everyone else seems to have increased.

Don't get me wrong, it's not bad. I can get at least 10 hours a day out of this thing with moderate use.

But when I first got my phone it was truly amazing. Definitely more than 10 hours.. not sure where I went wrong :blink:

NWRULES

Reaction score
No. Only reason I got this phone was for the battery. I swore I would never get another Motorola again after that slow and glitchy Droid X I had. This one is still slow and glitchy, and now after ICS the battery isn't that good anymore. Really regretting the phone, but at the time, there was nothing else with that big of a battery out. So, yeah, not too happy with the phone or Motorola. Praying HTC comes out with a big battery phone soon........

Last edited:

Jxpinc

Reaction score
My Maxx rocks. I was using thirty gigs a month on the X and Verizon sent me a coupon for a free 4G phone. So I got the Maxx a month or so after it came out. Now I'm around one twenty gigs a month. Can't wait for the 5G coupon. ;-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

brucefulton

Reaction score
So just wondering,, Do you still love your Maxx?
I haven't found the perfect phone. Have had the Maxx for a year and it's basically been fine. If I were to swap it in now for another phone on upgrade, I'd probably get the Maxx HD. So if you are looking for a new discounted phone on plan, I'd look at that. Otherwise, it depends on what your feature preferences might be and what pricing you're looking at.

kijutsu

Reaction score
Yes. I love it.

Although ever since the Jelly Bean leak that I installed, my battery life seems to have decreased while everyone else seems to have increased.

Don't get me wrong, it's not bad. I can get at least 10 hours a day out of this thing with moderate use.

But when I first got my phone it was truly amazing. Definitely more than 10 hours.. not sure where I went wrong :blink:

Root it, install SafeStrap, and clear your battery stats.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Bought it almost exactly 1 year ago and still don't have buyers remorse. Best smart phone I've owned so far out of the many I have owned.

David

s_cuttic

Reaction score
My Maxx rocks. I was using thirty gigs a month on the X and Verizon sent me a coupon for a free 4G phone. So I got the Maxx a month or so after it came out. Now I'm around one twenty gigs a month. Can't wait for the 5G coupon. ;-)

Are you using 120 gigs tethering or is the pirate bay your best friend? I'm still on the unlimited data plan and I tether and download a good bit from the pirate bay but I don't think I've over used over the low 20's

Jxpinc

Reaction score
Mostly watching TV with roku. And forty hours a week of Spotify. No torrents. I think hbo go is the biggest leach. I hit 180gb during December because I was off work way more than usual.

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4

It's already rooted. I'll download that today and report back. Thanks. What does clearing the battery stats do, exactly?

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I
Yes. I love it.

It's already rooted. I'll download that today and report back. Thanks. What does clearing the battery stats do, exactly?

Over time, the battery's charging circuitry can begin to become out of sync, we'll say, with the actual battery capacity and "state of charge" at any one time. Results can be what seems to be less ability to take a "full" charge, even though it may report 100%. It can also tell you the phone is "low" when there's a good bit of power actually left in the battery that is no longer being recognized. This results in people thinking their battery has gone bad...not so, but it appears that way.

Clearing battery stats is supposed to give the charging circuitry a "clean slate" from which to work. Then charging fully (100%), with power off, followed by using it to at least 15% or below, but not below 5%, then powering off and charging fully (100%) again with power off will set the "Full charge" and "Low battery" flags and from then on the phone's battery meter will provide more accurate representation of the actual "state of charge". You can accomplish the same results by doing the battery charging and draining and recharging even without clearing the battery stats, since during the cycling process, AKA "Meter Training", it sets the flags from whatever they are currently set to.

To give you some perspective, my MAXX has been on battery for 15 hours and 34 minutes and it's showing 70% remaining.

e4u6yru5.jpg

a9evypar.jpg

Granted, I didn't use it much today, but still...15.5 hours and only 30% consumed. Not too shabby.

Also, I am on the Jelly Bean leak http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...lly-bean-leak-classroom-w-mattyp-friends.html, so that helps. You may want to take a peek. :biggrin:

Last edited:

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I still like it but not sure I love it. It has started to get slow at times. I also don't like the camera at all. I am really hoping some one else will come out with a big battery other then Motorola. I am hoping JB will be out soon and will bring the full love back. But its still way better then my Driod X and the battery life is just amazing! I probably should do the down to 15% and back to 100% like FoxKat has mentioned but my battery hardly every gets below 50% on a busy day 39% so its still awesome. My brother bought a 4G phone and with in a week he has bought a Maxx because he wants the battery life I get. So its still the best in that field. Its a great phone over all.

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
Over time, the battery's charging circuitry can begin to become out of sync, we'll say, with the actual battery capacity and "state of charge" at any one time. Results can be what seems to be less ability to take a "full" charge, even though it may report 100%. It can also tell you the phone is "low" when there's a good bit of power actually left in the battery that is no longer being recognized. This results in people thinking their battery has gone bad...not so, but it appears that way.

Clearing battery stats is supposed to give the charging circuitry a "clean slate" from which to work. Then charging fully (100%), with power off, followed by using it to at least 15% or below, but not below 5%, then powering off and charging fully (100%) again with power off will set the "Full charge" and "Low battery" flags and from then on the phone's battery meter will provide more accurate representation of the actual "state of charge". You can accomplish the same results by doing the battery charging and draining and recharging even without clearing the battery stats, since during the cycling process, AKA "Meter Training", it sets the flags from whatever they are currently set to.

To give you some perspective, my MAXX has been on battery for 15 hours and 34 minutes and it's showing 70% remaining.

Granted, I didn't use it much today, but still...15.5 hours and only 30% consumed. Not too shabby.

Also, I am on the Jelly Bean leak http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/234792-foxkat-s-razr-maxx-jelly-bean-leak-classroom-w-mattyp-friends.html, so that helps. You may want to take a peek. :biggrin:

I really need to do this.. My phone is fresh off the charger, has only been on for 2 hours, I'm at 80%.. All I've done was send 4 text messages -__-

Thanks for the info.