Razr maxx screen turning on by itself randomly !

twobiscuit

Reaction score
How do you check the background apps? My maxx just started doing this today.

cfaber

Reaction score
Hey guys,

After some messing around I beleive I might know at least one of the causes of this.

It's the duplicate email account check applicaiton.

freezing it with Ti addresses the issue.

cbreze

Reaction score
Mine just started doing this recently. Did it several times today that I noticed. Just lights up for a few seconds then goes back to sleep. I'm on GB. Never did it before and I have not done anything diff that I can remember. Gonna keep an eye on it and do some checking.

elle0626

Reaction score
my razr maxx shuts down and turns its self on by its self, battery heats up, no network service. HELP

elle0626

Reaction score
Try doing an FDR(Factory Data reset), may help to correct the issue.

I tried, it didnt change anything, also tried removing applications through safe mode but it shuts own before i can finish,disabled pocket dectection did not change anything either .Do you think upgrading to the new ICS OS could solve the problem?and if so, how do i upgrade while the phone does not have network service and i do not have access to wifi

virgil71468

Reaction score
elle0626 said:
I tried, it didnt change anything, also tried removing applications through safe mode but it shuts own before i can finish,disabled pocket dectection did not change anything either .Do you think upgrading to the new ICS OS could solve the problem?and if so, how do i upgrade while the phone does not have network service and i do not have access to wifi

My wifes was doing it 5 or more times a day. Call vzw, get a refurb. It's still under factory warranty.

s27moto

Reaction score
i have same problem
my motorola razr maxx screen turn on and off automatically

please help me

aarong03

Reaction score
elle0626 said:

What is the version of OS do you have on the phone?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

aarong03

Reaction score
elle0626 said:
2.3.6 , Gingerbread

OK, I would upgrade to ICS. Make sure you do an FDR before and after you install ICS to do and FDR. Use Matt's utility 1.8 to do it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums