Razr Maxx is down to 43% in under 7 hours, Android OS at 53%.

tas914

Reaction score
When you plug it into your laptop, make sure that the phone is set to charge only. More than likely, it is set to be a usb

Thanks, I always have it set to charge-only unless I actually want to exchange files with my laptop.

SallyC

Reaction score
Well I'm late to the game, but this just started happening to me in the last day. Last night my phone was down to about 20%, so I plugged it into it's usual spot, the USB port on my laptop. When I checked it this morning, it hadn't charged at all!

I thought that was weird, but assumed that maybe I didn't have the plug all the way in so I re-plugged both ends and tried again. A few hours later, I noticed again that it hadn't charged at all. I tried using a different cable. No luck. I tried a different USB port, again no luck.

This was about the time I checked the battery usage stats and found RILD had used 39%. I was also noticing that the phone was getting unusually hot. Not burn-yourself hot, but much hotter than it usually gets.

I then tried using the same cable, plugged into an A/C outlet (with the A/C adaptor). Now it seems to be charging (from 20% to 50% in about an hour) and it's no longer hot.

By the way, I did try powering off/rebooting a couple of times with no affect. I searched these forums and found a number of threads, but none that seem to have a resolution. I'm in an area that has only 3g and a mediocre signal and I keep WiFi turned off most of the time unless I need it for something.

Please let me know if anyone's found a resolution or give me a link to whatever other thread describes one.

Thanks...Tom

When it comes to rild, there's a lot of speculation, but no solution. Sorry to say.

But if one becomes available, you're in the right place to hear about it!