50+ Hours on a Single Charge on a Razr Maxx!

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Well it looks like the unintended early release of Jelly Bean for the Razr Maxx is a winner for me. I normally get better than 24 hours on a single charge but since the update have been seeing better and better times on my battery. So, I decided to let it go as long as I could and see if I could break 48 hours.... and I did plus some more.

As I am writing this, my Maxx still has about 30% battery left and it just passed the 50 hour mark. (My guess is that at the current rate it has been discharging, I can probably hit 60 hours but I'm going to shut it off and charge it tonight before I go to bed) No, it is not sitting on a table doing nothing, it is being used, and used regularly. I have not " put it to sleep" or turned it off at all since its last charge over two days ago. I have made several calls, one of which was over an hour long. Texted dozens of times, browsed facebook, uploaded 30 photos (some of which are posted in this thread), checked email throughout the day, read some news on google, read some news on Currents, used navigation, streamed music from Pandora over bluetooth to my Logitech receiver, and played a heck of a lot of Solitaire.

All through that time I have had a reasonably good and constant 4G signal and kept WiFi on the whole time. Bluetooth is on and off as needed, screen set to auto dim. Volume is set to max and vibrate is active for rings and texts but not FB or email.

What did I do prior to the update? Well, I cleared the cache and did a FDR as most have recommended. After that I installed all my needed apps and let the battery run down to about 40% the first couple times before charging.

This "update" is AMAZING. I wonder if the final release will be any better.

So, the proof is in the pudding. Here's the puddin:

Screenshot_2013-01-02-20-30-21.png

Screenshot_2013-01-02-20-31-02.png

Screenshot_2013-01-02-20-30-34.png

Screenshot_2013-01-02-20-30-43.png

David

OP
YellowJacket

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Astonishing! What Smart Actions do you have set?

I have "Home" set - not much of a battery saver, curently just sets all my ringtones to MAX. The other inactive one is "sleep" which silences all ringers at 10pm, sets the screen to its lowest brightness and activates "VIP Callers" for certain numbers so they will ring in an emergency. I still keep background data, etc turned on.

David

Caesars

Reaction score
Awesome man! Do you have a screen time shot? It would be interesting to see ;)

Return of the Android