Android os killing my battery

magdroidx08

Reaction score
dont know why but just checked my battery usage after i saw that after only a few hours my phone was down to 53% and it states that the android os is using over 40% seems to be extremely high given what ive seen in screenshots around the forum..please help!!!

DHO

Reaction score
tons of threads on this. Some speculation, no satisfying answers. Search the forums, see what you turn up.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
dont know why but just checked my battery usage after i saw that after only a few hours my phone was down to 53% and it states that the android os is using over 40% seems to be extremely high given what ive seen in screenshots around the forum..please help!!!

That is high and I think I know why. When that chart is showing, press the Android OS and you'll get a chart that shows a few things and one of them is the "Keep Awake" time. On most phones the time showed for Keep Awake will be a relatively low percentage of the total battery time. However, there are some phones that have a problem with the Android OS and the "Keep Awake" time. In stock form and with every rom (except one) that I have installed, my "Keep Awake" time was always about 50-60% of my total battery time. If the phone had been off charger for 8 hours, I'd have 4-6 hours of Andorid OS "Keep Awake" time. This was true even if the phone had been in my pocket unused.

This rom specifically addresses the issue: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1402350 This is from post #1: "screen off (by user) timeout override -> by default android only uses a timeout when the screen times out by itself. this lets you force android to use the same timeout for when you turn the screen off yourself"

This has dramatically reduced my Keep Awake times and has helped my battery usage. YMMV
: