razr maxx hd /roadmate/my motospeak issues.

e.nigma

Reaction score
Just upgraded from a Droid X to a Maxx HD. Roadster with My Motospeak worked fairly well with the X and Roadster paired. Not so well with my Scala q2 though. After getting the Maxx,and installing My Motospeak, the native voice app steps all over Motospeak and neither functioned well. After uninstalling MM,
the native app SUX! I can get it to open a text but can't speak the message, I have to type it. Also tried to make a couple calls today and while It made the call as instructed, all the callee heard was static and I had no sound at all. Anybody figured out how to disable or uninstall the native app so I can put MM back on, or know of another app I can try?

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Just upgraded from a Droid X to a Maxx HD. Roadster with My Motospeak worked fairly well with the X and Roadster paired. Not so well with my Scala q2 though. After getting the Maxx,and installing My Motospeak, the native voice app steps all over Motospeak and neither functioned well. After uninstalling MM,
the native app SUX! I can get it to open a text but can't speak the message, I have to type it. Also tried to make a couple calls today and while It made the call as instructed, all the callee heard was static and I had no sound at all. Anybody figured out how to disable or uninstall the native app so I can put MM back on, or know of another app I can try?

Join the club

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

I had a similar issue with my Razr M and a new Motorola Bluetooth headset (Moto Speak compatible), but both work great now. Once the device is paired, do you see the "handsfree mode" icon in your notification bar? If not, go to Apps > My Moto Speak > Settings. Make sure that Auto-launch application is selected; that will ensure that the My Moto Speak hands free mode is auto launched when paired with your device. Then, the first time you use Moto Speak, you should have a pop-up on your phone asking if you want to use Voice Commands or My Moto Speak. Select My Moto Speak and there should be an option for "Always Use This Option", "Remember Selection" or something like that so your phone knows to use My Moto Speak always and not the built in Voice Commands. Once I did that on my phone, paired to my headset, My Moto Speak works great. Hope that helps out.

OP
E

e.nigma

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my Razr M and a new Motorola Bluetooth headset (Moto Speak compatible), but both work great now. Once the device is paired, do you see the "handsfree mode" icon in your notification bar? If not, go to Apps > My Moto Speak > Settings. Make sure that Auto-launch application is selected; that will ensure that the My Moto Speak hands free mode is auto launched when paired with your device. Then, the first time you use Moto Speak, you should have a pop-up on your phone asking if you want to use Voice Commands or My Moto Speak. Select My Moto Speak and there should be an option for "Always Use This Option", "Remember Selection" or something like that so your phone knows to use My Moto Speak always and not the built in Voice Commands. Once I did that on my phone, paired to my headset, My Moto Speak works great. Hope that helps out.
OK tried uninstalling, then reinstalling My moto. Set it up to always answer Bluetooth. Same thing, MM starts,then native app steps on it, allows me to hear text but won't allow me to answer.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
OK tried uninstalling, then reinstalling My moto. Set it up to always answer Bluetooth. Same thing, MM starts,then native app steps on it, allows me to hear text but won't allow me to answer.

Well...that's kind of a bummer. I think you can disable the built in Voice Commands, if you want to. You could try Settings > Apps > swipe over to "All" > Scroll down & select Voice Commands. There should be a Disable option. If you disable the App, you will receive a message about "this is a system app, if you disable it..." This might allow the My Moto Speak app to do what you want it to do; but will totally disable the Voice Commands app. You can always enable it later if you find that having it disable is causing other, unwanted, issues.

OP
E

e.nigma

Reaction score
Well now,making progress. Disabled voice commands but still did it. Just noticed today it only does it while in the car dock. Next Tims I'm in the car, I'll need if there's any options in the settings to disable text reading.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Well now,making progress. Disabled voice commands but still did it. Just noticed today it only does it while in the car dock. Next Tims I'm in the car, I'll need if there's any options in the settings to disable text reading.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Same thing happened to me randomly the other day. There its an option when in car dock mode to not read texts. I had to re-select that and all texts come through Moto Speak again. Not sure why that happened, but easy to fix.