Has anyone gotten the new motorola H17txt bluetooth with motospeak to work yet?

The Rick

Reaction score
I just picked one of these up tonight and so far I do really like the design. I have a plantronics 925 now and this is actually more comfortable. It did come with 3 loops and two plugs without a loop (what I ended up using)

I did download the motospeak app and it installed properly. Before installing this app, I was able to stream audio to the earpiece from pandora and another radio app just fine. Calls are just fine and others report that I sound good on it.

However, once I installed the motospeak app, I can no longer get it to stream any audio and the text to audio sure isn't happening. I have tried messing with the app but it simply doesn't work. The most I can get out of it is a simple click when i turn on/off the app.

Has anyone had any luck? I see a few positive reviews so far and people love it but maybe I have a defective unit. I do have a rooted rom (UD 8.x) so maybe that is the issue?

Thanks

OP
The Rick

The Rick

Reaction score
Ok an update. I rerooted my phone and went to ult droid 9.8
The first thing I did after signing in was to repair the bluetooth and reinstall motospeak

it actually worked well and did a good job converting the text into a spoken text message in my ear! this thing is sweet!

jboucheb

Reaction score
Ok an update. I rerooted my phone and went to ult droid 9.8
The first thing I did after signing in was to repair the bluetooth and reinstall motospeak

it actually worked well and did a good job converting the text into a spoken text message in my ear! this thing is sweet!

Have you been able to reply to text messages via the H17TXT without picking up your phone?? I have BB 0.4 (Android 2.2) and the option to reply back via Voice Commands is grayed out. What's up with that?!

K20turbo

Reaction score
You cant reply text via voice through the headset. I got one of these for christmas and worked like a charm out of the box. I'm using it with a droid 2 global. The music plays via headset without the app. The app is to read texts via headset it works great as well.
The only glitches I get is when making a call, the phone locks up and I have to restart the phone it sucks.
Actually, I do see a reply my voice option however it is grayed out? what the hell?

damonlbeaty

Reaction score
Motospeak 2.0

THere is a new version of Motospeak out that does allow you to dictate responses to texts via the Bluetooth headset. Problem is... It doesnt work with the H17Txt. Only works with the Motorola Commandone and the Motorola Finity, 2 new headsets from Moto. Check it out! I am picking one up this weekend!