Razr Manual Activation

ZacharyW92

Reaction score
Hello,

I have searched quite a few places and have had no success finding an answer to a major issue that I am having. I currently reside in Alaska, and have been a verizon customer for a couple of years starting with the OG Droid, however I have decided to upgrade and got the Droid Razr, and since I live in Alaska I had it sent to a relative's address in the lower 48 to activate it for me and then send it to me, in the midst of all things they forgot to actually turn on the phone and activate it before sending it to me.

Now it appears I have a deactivated cellphone, and a new cellphone that has arrived that I cannot use. I have attempted to follow this guide here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...alfonsos-how-manually-activate-vzw-phone.html. While I can get to the menus, and the User Activation screen in my Razr, I cannot press the "Done" button as it is greyed out, as well it gives me an error when the User Activation window first appears, and a small box appears stating "Cannot Obtain call NAM information" then disappears, and at this point I am pretty much stuck, and looking for ideas, if anyone could be of any assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Zachary

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
Call customer service and make sure the correct sim is on your account. If the serial numbers do not match or the sim card has not been added to your a count you will not be able to activate

Sent from my ROOTED SAFE STRAPPED RAZRX RAZR ROCKIN XOOMZOOM

OP
Z

ZacharyW92

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, after messing around with the phone for hours, I finally decided to give Verizon a call. I attempted to get them to activate the phone for me, however since this is a 4G phone, it is apparently impossible to manually activate it while roaming. At this point I am pretty frustrated with the ordeal of it all, so I went ahead and had them switch my service back to my old phone, and by doing so according to the technician I spoke with, that SIMS card will no longer be valid, and I will indeed have to send my phone back down to the lower 48, and have someone take the phone into a store, get a new sims card, then reactivate the phone, what a mess.

How I wish someone knew a way around this, won't be able to send my phone off for 3 weeks due to my work situation of having to commute to work for 2 to 3 weeks at a time.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thanks for your reply, after messing around with the phone for hours, I finally decided to give Verizon a call. I attempted to get them to activate the phone for me, however since this is a 4G phone, it is apparently impossible to manually activate it while roaming. At this point I am pretty frustrated with the ordeal of it all, so I went ahead and had them switch my service back to my old phone, and by doing so according to the technician I spoke with, that SIMS card will no longer be valid, and I will indeed have to send my phone back down to the lower 48, and have someone take the phone into a store, get a new sims card, then reactivate the phone, what a mess.

How I wish someone knew a way around this, won't be able to send my phone off for 3 weeks due to my work situation of having to commute to work for 2 to 3 weeks at a time.

Unfortunately without an authorized sim card, the phone will not activate. As you discovered, there is no way to manually activate the phone while roaming, but you can activate manually while on the Verizon 3G or 4G network. Once a sim has been deactivated, it is no longer any good and can never be reactivated. The rep gave you the right information. You'll have to send it back down to someone within the Verizon cellular network.

Kimo91

Reaction score
Is there no Verizon store of any kind in Alaska where you.can walk in and get them to issue a new SIM card and activate it for you? I'm more curious than trying to start anything so I hope you don't take offense to my question :)

Sent from my Rooted and Safestrapped Moto DROID RAZR

PandaKey

Reaction score
Hello,

I have searched quite a few places and have had no success finding an answer to a major issue that I am having. I currently reside in Alaska, and have been a verizon customer for a couple of years starting with the OG Droid, however I have decided to upgrade and got the Droid Razr, and since I live in Alaska I had it sent to a relative's address in the lower 48 to activate it for me and then send it to me, in the midst of all things they forgot to actually turn on the phone and activate it before sending it to me.

Now it appears I have a deactivated cellphone, and a new cellphone that has arrived that I cannot use. I have attempted to follow this guide here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...alfonsos-how-manually-activate-vzw-phone.html. While I can get to the menus, and the User Activation screen in my Razr, I cannot press the "Done" button as it is greyed out, as well it gives me an error when the User Activation window first appears, and a small box appears stating "Cannot Obtain call NAM information" then disappears, and at this point I am pretty much stuck, and looking for ideas, if anyone could be of any assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Zachary

One thing I find absolutely annoying about the Razr is that you can't simply call *228 to activate it.

PandaKey

Reaction score
Unfortunately without an authorized sim card, the phone will not activate. As you discovered, there is no way to manually activate the phone while roaming, but you can activate manually while on the Verizon 3G or 4G network. Once a sim has been deactivated, it is no longer any good and can never be reactivated. The rep gave you the right information. You'll have to send it back down to someone within the Verizon cellular network.

The Razr MUST have a SIM card in it to be activated, it won't without one.