I'm New to the Razr!!!!

littlebigarm

Reaction score
hey guys and gals. i just got my razr maxx in the mail today. cant activate because in alaska right now. would there be any way i can bypass the activation screen to manually activate this device? please help dont really want to mail off to lower 48 to activate. i understand that i wont have full data coverage but just to get the phone up and running would be nice. thanks for all the help and input.

xmguy

Reaction score
Yes you can bypass the screen by tapping on the four corners of the display. Starting with the top left. Don't go below the green line where the words Droid Razr are. Then once you've done that. Press home button to bypass everything else.

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Razr Maxx.. out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Yes you can bypass the screen by tapping on the four corners of the display. Starting with the top left. Don't go below the green line where the words Droid Razr are. Then once you've done that. Press home button to bypass everything else.

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Razr Maxx.. out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!

^ what xmguy said. :biggrin:

Congrats on the new Razr! dancedroid

xmguy

Reaction score
I know VZW has some some[i/] coverage in Alaska. Probably just in the bigger cities however.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
hey guys and gals. i just got my razr maxx in the mail today. cant activate because in alaska right now. would there be any way i can bypass the activation screen to manually activate this device? please help dont really want to mail off to lower 48 to activate. i understand that i wont have full data coverage but just to get the phone up and running would be nice. thanks for all the help and input.

Information above is accurate except that the phone can not be activated "manually" as older phones could by dialing *228 and pressing send followed by 1 at the first prompt. By doing the bypass of the activation screen (press each corner successively), it will allow you to get to the phone's main home page and use the pre-installed apps, and will also allow you to use the phone on a WIFI network for data, but the phone will not have ANY cellular OR data service, except for the Federally required 911 service.

These phones which are 4G, require a MicroSIM card, which should have been shipped with your phone if you purchased it from Verizon over the web or phone. If you bought the phone from a third-party dealer, you will need to contact Verizon at 1-800-922-0204 and inform them that you need a MicroSIM card for your phone, assuming you already have a Data Plan with Verizon. If not, then you will need to add a data plan for your phone. Either way, they can send a SIM card to you in the mail.

Another possible alternative is to have someone you know in the lower 48 visit a Verizon Phone Center Store and secure an activated MicroSIM for you. They will have to let the representative speak to you on the phone before issuing the card. Then your friend can send it to you via USPS.

Good luck! ;)