1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I'm New to the Razr!!!!

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by littlebigarm, Mar 21, 2012.

1. littlebigarm

littlebigarm New Member

hey guys and gals. i just got my razr maxx in the mail today. cant activate because in alaska right now. would there be any way i can bypass the activation screen to manually activate this device? please help dont really want to mail off to lower 48 to activate. i understand that i wont have full data coverage but just to get the phone up and running would be nice. thanks for all the help and input.
  2. xmguy

xmguy New Member

Yes you can bypass the screen by tapping on the four corners of the display. Starting with the top left. Don't go below the green line where the words Droid Razr are. Then once you've done that. Press home button to bypass everything else.

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Razr Maxx.. out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!
    1 person likes this.
  3. wicked

wicked Administrator Staff Member

^ what xmguy said. :biggrin:

Congrats on the new Razr! dancedroid
  4. xmguy

xmguy New Member

I know VZW has some some[i/] coverage in Alaska. Probably just in the bigger cities however.

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Razr Maxx.. out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!
  5. FoxKat

FoxKat Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Information above is accurate except that the phone can not be activated "manually" as older phones could by dialing *228 and pressing send followed by 1 at the first prompt. By doing the bypass of the activation screen (press each corner successively), it will allow you to get to the phone's main home page and use the pre-installed apps, and will also allow you to use the phone on a WIFI network for data, but the phone will not have ANY cellular OR data service, except for the Federally required 911 service.

These phones which are 4G, require a MicroSIM card, which should have been shipped with your phone if you purchased it from Verizon over the web or phone. If you bought the phone from a third-party dealer, you will need to contact Verizon at 1-800-922-0204 and inform them that you need a MicroSIM card for your phone, assuming you already have a Data Plan with Verizon. If not, then you will need to add a data plan for your phone. Either way, they can send a SIM card to you in the mail.

Another possible alternative is to have someone you know in the lower 48 visit a Verizon Phone Center Store and secure an activated MicroSIM for you. They will have to let the representative speak to you on the phone before issuing the card. Then your friend can send it to you via USPS.

Good luck! ;)
Search tags for this page

bypass activation droid razr maxx

bypass activation razr maxx hd

bypass droid razr maxx activation screen

bypass droid razr maxx hd activation screen

bypass razr maxx activation screen

droid razr maxx activation bypass

droid razr maxx bypass activation screen

droid razr maxx hd bypass activation

droid razr maxx skip activation

how to bypass activation screen on droid razr maxx