Razr - Lockscreen Rotation to Landscape Mode???

kw0x57

Reaction score
Okay, all I would like to know is how to get my Razr to rotate to landscape mode when I'm not holding it in portrait. My D2 used to be able to do this WITHOUT the phys keyboard being opened...

Anyone know how to get this to work for the Razr??? horizlockscreen.jpg

Help?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Okay, all I would like to know is how to get my Razr to rotate to landscape mode when I'm not holding it in portrait. My D2 used to be able to do this WITHOUT the phys keyboard being opened...

Anyone know how to get this to work for the Razr???View attachment 49915

Help?

Rotation of the screen is not built into the OS for the lock screen or the home screen with the stock launcher. Many third party launchers do allow for home screen rotation, and may also allow lock screen rotation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Definitely a missed option from my d1.

I have a generic dock/mount for the car. Its just pathetic to see this sleek device's screen not rotated and makes it hard to read at times without tilting my head...(dangerously cumbersome)

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

I have a generic dock/mount for the car. Its just pathetic to see this sleek device's screen not rotated and makes it hard to read at times without tilting my head...(dangerously cumbersome)

And painful... (OUCH!) :icon_eek:

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score

You have two options... Use the OEM dock which rotates the screen or use a different launcher which will do the same.

OP
kw0x57

kw0x57

Reaction score
All,

Thank you for your assistance and feedback in this matter... useful information.

MikeD.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
SnoDrtRider said:
You have two options... Use the OEM dock which rotates the screen or use a different launcher which will do the same.

Neither is of interest to me.. just discouraged, that is all..

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
The code it there to rotate. Motorola didn't put the switch in anywhere except for the dock.
I think that is a major fail because even my DroidX did that.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The code it there to rotate. Motorola didn't put the switch in anywhere except for the dock.
I think that is a major fail because even my DroidX did that.

I stand corrected. It's there but wasn't implemented on the builds by Motorola, and of course it's in the Android code. I should have been more clear.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.