Home Screens not Rotating?

cruzincat

Reaction score
I just noticed that my main screen(s) do not rotate between Landscape and Portrait. They are stuck on Portrait. It would seem that Landscape should be possible since the layout when choosing a picture for wallpaper shows both modes. Is there a setting somewhere I haven't been able to find?

OP
cruzincat

cruzincat

Reaction score
OK. Just saw a thread in General Discussions and see that it is a limitation of this phone. I certainly hope this is fixed in an update, otherwise I may have to consider rooting a phone. Depends on how things go when I finally get a dock for the car. I use Daily Roads, Voyager a lot, which requires the phone to be in landscape position. The phone display will not rotate either. Hopefully, someone will come up with a non root launcher that will do this.

pool_shark

Reaction score
It is not a limitation of "this" phone. It is not a bug, it's a choice by google to not have the home screen turn to landscape.
This is my 3rd android device, none of them did it, that's one reason I use 3rd party launchers.

msheldon

Reaction score
If you want home screen rotation, use a third-party launcher. Almost all of them do it. I'm currently using ADW ex. No root needed.

davidwar

Reaction score
About using third party launchers, I am a little hesitant even though I would like the home screens to be seen in landscape. Are there any risks to using these apps? They also seem to have a lot of other functions that I will never use. Can someone comment and give me some assurance?

captdroid

Reaction score
About using third party launchers, I am a little hesitant even though I would like the home screens to be seen in landscape. Are there any risks to using these apps? They also seem to have a lot of other functions that I will never use. Can someone comment and give me some assurance?

Just use Nova Launcher: [APP] Nova Launcher Beta (ICS based) - xda-developers

Same ICS launcher experience with landscape home screen and a few other tweaks/options. Works perfectly.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I like go launcher. I hate having app icons on my home screen. Go launcher lets me launch 30 different apps from the dock bar and 2 additional apps by swiping the screen.