Razor vs Bionic

deduct

Reaction score
Weaselboy134987 said:
So people with a razor or razor max pretty much got ripped off!?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

No they didn't. Razr is a great, durable phone. Its a motorola so its going to be good.

Caesars

Reaction score
Pft everyone knows the MAXX is better...kidding :)

Googorola MAXX

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
So people with a razor or razor max pretty much got ripped off!?

When the RAZR first came out, a lot of Bionic owners felt ripped off as the RAZR came out so soon after the Bionic. In fact there were a few threads asking for a class action suit to get an even swap.

I'm sure there were a few unhappy RAZR owners when the RAZR came out shortly in different colors, followed by the RAZR Maxx.

mdotytx

Reaction score
aaf709 said:
When the RAZR first came out, a lot of Bionic owners felt ripped off as the RAZR came out so soon after the Bionic. In fact there were a few threads asking for a class action suit to get an even swap.

I'm sure there were a few unhappy RAZR owners when the RAZR came out shortly in different colors, followed by the RAZR Maxx.

There is no possible way to please everyone.....

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Isn't that the truth!!! LOL

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

quadtronix

Reaction score
sweeeeet said:
I prefer the heavier thicker bionic over the thinner longer wider razr

I always keep the extended battery on because the bionic is just to thin for me... I prefer it a little heavier.. I drop it far less

my next phone will be the s3 with an extended battery or case or both lol.. although it too is long and wide at least its to compensate for a + .5 in screen size

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I agree. I usually keep the extended battery in cause the battery life is superb and the phone is still not too heavy. It's just right IMO... sometimes I switch to the reg battery for a change but I much prefer the extended. Even fits in my lapdock 100 with extended battery. Cant wait for the OTA Ics to come though. My vote is Bionic over the Razr....

quadtronix

Reaction score
nateohio said:
About the only thing that could get me to step away from my bionic at this point would be a Moto Nexus device. There aren't any phones that are out or are coming out in the near future that interest me enough!

A moto nexus is my dream phone... would have to have good specs but I would probably buy one of those!

jwilly216

Reaction score
quadtronix said:
I agree. I usually keep the extended battery in cause the battery life is superb and the phone is still not too heavy. It's just right IMO... sometimes I switch to the reg battery for a change but I much prefer the extended. Even fits in my lapdock 100 with extended battery. Cant wait for the OTA Ics to come though. My vote is Bionic over the Razr....

This is a huge pro for the bionic that people seem to overlook. I mean look at its competitors- resound looks AWFUL with an extended bettery and is huge - razr....duh - nexus, extended battery is under powered and not very good plus ugly.... the bionic has a ton of power and looks & feels great

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
This is a huge pro for the bionic that people seem to overlook. I mean look at its competitors- resound looks AWFUL with an extended bettery and is huge - razr....duh - nexus, extended battery is under powered and not very good plus ugly.... the bionic has a ton of power and looks & feels great

Gotta agree. The bionic looked fine with the extended battery and felt good in the hand. And it had plenty of juice for a full day.

Tap'd from my Maxx

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gotta agree. The bionic looked fine with the extended battery and felt good in the hand. And it had plenty of juice for a full day.

Tap'd from my Maxx

And I've seen some posts where people were complaining that the Motorola extended battery made the Bionic almost a inch thick (it doesn't) and made it feel "like a brick." Proof again that you should try holding the phones you want to buy in order to see if you like the feel.

BTW, this is how much thickness the Motorola extended battery adds to the Bionic.

IMG_5972.jpg

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
And I've seen some posts where people were complaining that the Motorola extended battery made the bionic almost a inch thick (it doesn't) and made it feel "like a brick." Proof again that you should try holding the phones you want to buy in order to see if you like the feel.

BTW, this is how much thickness the Motorola extended battery adds to the Bionic.

View attachment 53517

I actually thought the Bionic with the extended battery was much easier to hold. And with a TPU case you couldn't even tell. Personally I like a thicker phone. That is why I need a case on my Maxx.

If I didn't suffer from a severe case of upgrade-itis I would still have the Bionic. It was an awesome phone. And if the Bionic had taken a micro sim I would have never sold it. I would have swapped back and forth between it and my Maxx. It was just a PITA using a micro sim adapter on the fly.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
You are so right. I take my index fiber and place it on the ridge of the battery compartment and it gives me a better grip on the phone.