Radio / Data / E-Mail / SMS Issues

wildrage

Reaction score
I love my droid, but there's few issus that are almost forcing me to switch back to my Storm 2. Maybe someone can help me out / confirm the problems I'm having.

I'll preface by saying that I've done a hard reset, and am certain that it isn't an external application.

I work in NYC and am in the subway a lot...also in large buildings / elevators, and lose service several times throughout the day. It seems that when I slip back into service, or switch from 1X to 3G, data syncing stops, E-mail stops syncing, and SMS messages stop getting delivered.

The only way to rectify this is to put the phone in and out of airplane mode, or just completely turn the phone off and back on again....hence resetting the radio. When the radio comes back on, all of the sudden I have a dozen text messages and tons of e-mails.

This doesn't happen everytime i lose service, but anywhere from twice a day to every other day.

Above all, I need a phone that's reliable (that's why I'm on Verizon in the first place), so if I can't get this sorted out, it's back to Blackberry.

Anybody having this problem? Any suggestions?