E-Mail issues

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
I am having problems with my e-mail sync (Comcast). It used to work fine but just recently notifications stopped. It used to be that if I was sitting at my computer I would get notifications on my phone before the computer.
I recently have found that when I get home I'll have e-mail waiting that did not come through on the phone. I refresh to see if they show up but they do not.
I downloaded K-9 last night to see if it worked any better but this morning there are several e-mails in my account and none on the phone. I tried refreshing both the stock app and K-9 and they don't pick them up.

I read about Imap mail push and would like to try it... can anyone walk me through the settings for Comcast?

Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am having problems with my e-mail sync (Comcast). It used to work fine but just recently notifications stopped. It used to be that if I was sitting at my computer I would get notifications on my phone before the computer.
I recently have found that when I get home I'll have e-mail waiting that did not come through on the phone. I refresh to see if they show up but they do not.
I downloaded K-9 last night to see if it worked any better but this morning there are several e-mails in my account and none on the phone. I tried refreshing both the stock app and K-9 and they don't pick them up.

I read about Imap mail push and would like to try it... can anyone walk me through the settings for Comcast?

Thanks

There's nothing special about Comcast. You just need to be set up correctly.

This thread will step you through it. Good luck:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...66-droid-hints-pop3-gmail-forwarding-you.html

shootingdoc1

Reaction score
I installed K9 on MotoDroid. It handles gmail with no problem. The other account, on comcast, still receives email both through K9 and the Droid, both give notifications. I thought K9 would eliminate having to go to the comcast email and deleting entries there.

OP
SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score

Thanks

There's nothing special about Comcast. You just need to be set up correctly.

This thread will step you through it. Good luck:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...66-droid-hints-pop3-gmail-forwarding-you.html

I searched and did not find this info.... Thanks!

I set my Comcast to forward to my G mail this morning I'll see how that works today and if I still have problems I'll set up my G Mail as the referenced link says.

BTW My Comcast is set up properly and has worked from day one but recently decided it would not work... I went through all the settings a few days ago and confirmed them but still no e-mail even when I force a refresh.