r2d2 lockscreen/bootanimationmod

magma_camel

Reaction score
hey i have an r2d2 and have installed liberty 1.5. It works great, but i would like to have some of the r2d2 stuff on the phone just for fun so i followed instructions from http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-roms/109297-howto-install-any-droid-2-rom-your-r2-d2-droid-2-keep-all-r2-d2-theme-bits.html and i tried to install the bootanimationmod with no sucess. then i tried to use metamorph to install the lockscreen and also with no sucess.

what could be the issue. i run the update.zip from the bootanimationmod and it says it works then i reboot and i dont have the bootanimation for 1 but that is also supposed to have a bunch of the r2 apps and stuff wich are not there. does anybody have any ideas?

OP
magma_camel

magma_camel

Reaction score
so i did a little more research and apparently the moto lockscreen is differnt and includes some difffernt animations and images which it looks like liberty has the xml files for it but i just dont know how to enable it

Reaction score
Did you mount /system? The bootanimationmod.zip I created is based on Team Black Hat's original bootanimation.zip package, and their update script requires the user to mount /system manually.

When I later did more research on update scripts, it turns out that just using a different copy command removes this requirement. Why TBH wrote their script the way they did, I don't know... as for why I haven't updated bootanimationmod.zip, I have been planning to create a new, more customizable R2-D2 installation system. My current thought is for a web-based (probably PHP-driven) system that allows you to select the R2-D2 elements you want installed (including customizations like prefixing the R2-D2 sound titles with a specified string so that they are listed together), then generates an update.zip file that will install only those elements for you. I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet...

pouxonu

Reaction score
the lockscreen is a no go on liberty because they use an AOSP Lockscreen and it's competely different then motos but i was thinking if you can just get the rebel and imperial images extracted you may be able to go in and replace the standard lock and volume images and it would be good to go but i just dont know how to do it

jedifire11

Reaction score
the lockscreen is a no go on liberty because they use an AOSP Lockscreen and it's competely different then motos but i was thinking if you can just get the rebel and imperial images extracted you may be able to go in and replace the standard lock and volume images and it would be good to go but i just dont know how to do it

What about doing something similar to this, but make a theme for WidgetLocker instead that way it can be used on any type of ROM?

Sent from my R2-DROID2 using DroidForums App

pouxonu

Reaction score
maybe

Yea youn could do that but Ive used it and it isnt quit the same the best I've seen by doing that is someone got the rebel icon on to the iphone lock is didn't look to bad but it just isnt the same. plus with liberty if you can transer the icons it would make the bar transparent with the honeycomb theme

jedifire11

Reaction score
Have you used WidgetLocker lately? It has the ability to create and utilize themes and I think it has potential.

Sent from my R2-DROID2 using DroidForums App