Wallpaper won't install

BryanBobafett

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been a iPhone guy for a minute, so I'm new to the android all over again. I recently picked up note 9 and I have these old wallpapers from my old old r2d2 Motorola droid 2 that; I have saved on my computer, years ago I downloaded mingaldrichgans r2d2 boot animation from this link on this thread HOWTO Install Any Droid 2 ROM on your R2-D2 Droid 2 and keep all the R2-D2 theme bits

Now I still have the files on my computer and have them on my new note 9 all files are deodex too my knowledge I deodexed them years ago.

The problem I'm having is I cannot get the wallpapers to install on the note 9 however they all do work as they work on my Samsung galaxy tablet which runs android 4.4.2 where as the note 9 runs 8.1.0.

If anyone wants to play around with the files I'll post a copy up here the file I'm mainly after from this folder is asteroids.apk which is the 3D millennium falcon live wallpaper in flight through the asteroid field it refuses to install even when I install it. It does not install properly and does not appear in my live wallpaper section when I long press to change live wallpaper.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated if anyone wants these files I'll post them up. Maybe there's a guru out there that will know more then I do as to why they will not install, thanks in advance.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My guess is there are no responses because no current members know how to answer. It looks like the same questions went unanswered back in 2013 also.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Try this
You say it's a 3d wallpaper. Any other picture you put in your phone works well as wallpaper (I assume)
Install "MOSAIC 3D Wallpaper" from the play store. Look at where it keeps it's pictures. Place your file for that picture in that directory.
With a try

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Disregard..... Tried it..... No such luck

OP
B

BryanBobafett

Reaction score
Try this
You say it's a 3d wallpaper. Any other picture you put in your phone works well as wallpaper (I assume)
Install "MOSAIC 3D Wallpaper" from the play store. Look at where it keeps it's pictures. Place your file for that picture in that directory.
With a try

Either way thanks for your help mo h appreciated.

OP
B

BryanBobafett

Reaction score
So I'm going to go ahead and be willing to email the folder with the files in it I'm talking about. If anyone thinks they can tinker with the files to see if they can figure out why it won't install on a note 9. I got them to install the one I wanted called asteroids.apk but it won't appear in my live wallpapers tab when I go to use it. So again if anyone wants it private message me your email and I'll attach the file. I tried to upload the folder here to this form but it says it's too large. Thanks in advance. YouTube · TheForce.Net 0:24 DROID™ R2-D2™ By Motorola: Live Wallpaper - 3D Millennium Falcon Nov 23, 2010

The link is a YouTube videp of what the wallpaper looks like when its installed. If anyone knows anything about making custom wallpapers using raw and drawables I have a folder containing the raw files and coding in the folder as well to attempt to "rebuild this wallpaper"

Again thanks for all those that posted on methods on installing and advice.