Liberty 1.5 R2D2 Flashing..

kikitt

Reaction score
Hello I have an R2D2 Droid 2 and really want to have Liberty it looks amazing! I am already rooted, I was just wondering if I can wipe my phone and flash this or are there other steps I would need to take to have this installed on my phone since it is an R2D2 phone? thank you in advance!

-Kikitt

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Well I'm pretty sure this one doesn't work on the r2d2 it's the og d2 only so if you wanna try it out I would suggest making a backup and having a sbf ready bc it's probably going to boot loop so as the title in the thread state "flash at your own risk"

soddice

Reaction score
Running Liberty 1.5 on my R2D2 and it works fine, so it all depends I suppose.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Yea I no a few people have without problems but there's still the unknown seeing that the developers don't have a r2d2 so just have a sbf handy and u should b fine

Don't blame me my head and hands posted it.

treraypop

Reaction score
i have the r2d2 myself and ive flashed liberty 1 and 1.5 on my phone and its been working great, sysctl and everything enabled as well. Liberty is also the best imo

magma_camel

Reaction score
ive got an r2d2 running liberty 1.5 i dont have many issues but i cant flash another boot animation and some other things in liberty tools dont work but the rom still runs fine

Reaction score
I have an R2-D2, which I SBF'd to the latest Droid 2 kernel before rooting and installing custom ROMs (several versions of Fission, then Liberty 1.0 and 1.5). No problems here. (Besides the usual problems that have been reported here.)

miketoasty

Reaction score
From what I have read the R2-D2 droid is basically the same as the D2 in terms of hardware. I have yet to hear of any problems with any ROMs from people using the R2-D2.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Running Liberty also on the R2D2, able to install a new boot logo, and boot animation, all tools work except for a couple of the build.prop edits.

Since you're rooted, ensure you make a backup, then wipe/install Liberty.

Reaction score
From what I have read the R2-D2 droid is basically the same as the D2 in terms of hardware. I have yet to hear of any problems with any ROMs from people using the R2-D2.

Hardware, yes, but the firmware is different; the R2-D2 (as far as I know) never got the latest firmware update that the Droid 2 did (though the version numbers are out of order, confusing the issue). Having said that, I don't know if that's actually a problem; I did SBF to the latest stock Droid 2 firmware/kernel myself, but there seems to be a lot of success stories from people who didn't, so...

pouxonu

Reaction score
lock screen issue

I have an R2D2 and flashed to it over and runs great has anyone figured out how to get the lockscreen back yet? metamorph wont work for me and i havent found anywhere online to go through root explorerto change it boot animations can be changed using any boot animation app but my main thing is to get the lockscreen back

Reaction score
I don't think you can get the exact same lockscreen back on Liberty, because the AOSP and Motorola lockscreen sliders are fundamentally different in design. Widgetlocker, however, supports both styles (in addition to rotary, iPhone, and Sense) and the recent update adds theming support, so one could make this into a Widgetlocker theme...

pouxonu

Reaction score
how abouth this then

could there be a chance of taking the images from the r2d2 lockscreen and putting them in the place of liberty's and doing it that way?cause if you're only changing the images then they would still be illuminated while using them honeycomb theme