R2-D2 update 4.5.622 problem

kariyatd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
Verizon rolled out an update for the R2-D2 version of the Droid 2 on Wednesday and since then, my speaker and vibration randomly stops working.

It seems to be after my phone has been idle for a couple hours or so (or at least that's my conclusion for the moment). When it happens I have no sounds coming from the speaker at all. My ringtone doesn't play when I get a call nor does it vibrate even though it's set to. I get no sound notification for my texts. The light still blinks but I don't hear any sound. And I noticed now that this is why I didn't hear my alarm this morning. If I power my phone off and back on, it works but only until I ignore it for a couple hours and it stops again. I've already had to power on/off my phone 3 times today because of this. I've removed the battery as well but it didn't change anything. I even removed the sd card put it back in but same problem. It's definitely not a problem with the sounds being stored on my sd card either as my notification tone came standard with my phone. I've even tried toggling it between silent mode and back to normal to see if that worked but it didn't. I have to power off the phone or pull the battery to make it work again.

So, I'm thinking it has to be a glitch with the new update. Everything I had is set the same exact way it was before the update so I know nothing has changed as I've looked several times (unless I'm just blind and keep overlooking it). Is anyone else having these problems? Or is there anything I can do to fix this besides do a reset on my phone, which I definitely do not want to do? I'm at a very frustrated loss here. :frown:

On the bright side, this update seems to have fixed the backlight issue for the menu keys randomly going off and you either having to slide the keyboard out or hit the power button to get them back on.

morgannagaia

Reaction score
While I don't have a solution, I wanted to say that you are not alone. I find that the problem is more prevalent after I take it off the media dock that came with the r2d2 phone. It started after the latest update and hasn't stopped yet. Reboot, I get sound.

OP
K

kariyatd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
Hmm, that is an interesting theory. I never thought about that. Now that you mention it, the times I charged my phone without the dock at night or didn't charge it at all at night, I didn't have the no sound problem. I guess I'll try charging without the dock this week and see what happens.

morgannagaia

Reaction score
Try finding the dock service in your all apps tab in settings. Clear the data. I think it solved the problem here. I did that the other day and I havent experienced the lack of sound issue since, and I use my dock every charge.