R.I.P. GNex

TeeX

Reaction score
User shouldn't have to root to get reasonable battery life.

I've not rooted yet, and I'm getting more-than-reasonable battery life.

Screenshot_2011-12-30-20-31-11.png

OP
B

buckfill

Reaction score
Obviously its been proven that he had a bad battery on his phone. And its proven he is not coming back to this thread to find that out. Lol good luck with the next phone.

I just want to be clear.... I am NOT bashing this phone. If you're looking to get one, you won't be disappointed. It's like cotton candy with honey on top. It just gives me heartburn! lol.

Sorry for the rant last night. It was the two glasses of crown royal talking:blink: after reading on engadget about moto's new phone with 31 hour talk time. Have a good weekend, all.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
User shouldn't have to root to get reasonable battery life.
Most people don't root. You do know forums like these are the minority right? The reason people find forums like these is usually because they've been experiencing a problem the MAJORITY does not have. Most people don't feel the need to type in google, "I love my galaxy nexus", and wait for Droid Forums to pop up. My Contemporary History teacher got this phone just Wednesday cause I recommended it and he's having fine battery life. Mine was good before root too. Root just made it better.

I just want to be clear.... I am NOT bashing this phone. If you're looking to get one, you won't be disappointed. It's like cotton candy with honey on top. It just gives me heartburn! lol.

Sorry for the rant last night. It was the two glasses of crown royal talking:blink: after reading on engadget about moto's new phone with 31 hour talk time. Have a good weekend, all.
Haha all is good! Get the phone that suits you best. :) And I believe it's 21 hours isn't it? I could be wrong though.

ShinyTop

Reaction score
I, too, have not rooted and go all day without charging. It charges over night while acting as my bedside clock.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I hope you find utopia, but you should have asked us for help before giving up.

Your experience was unusually bad.

I guess it depends on what you are willing to lose. I wouldn't trade down to an iPhone even if the battery lasted a month.

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
My battery life greatly improved after uninstalling google+...it's even better unlocked/rooted.

Jeeper8889

Reaction score
getting great battery life, 1day 8hrs on 1 charge, :icon_ lala: good luck with the razr though Screenshot_2012-01-14-13-47-23.png

What316

Reaction score
I get great battery life too. I'm usually going 24+ without having to charge it. Disable "back up my data", turn off that instant upload to Google+, get rid of vzw backup, use wifi at home. Sounds like you got a bad phone or battery.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Op get the phone that works for you. But I must admit I get decent battery life. Underclocking with setcpu along with some other things really helped me along with the rom I am running. When my phone is in my pocket or when I am texting I turn mobile data off.

My tweaks:

Use setcpu to set screen off to 700/350

Go into settings, data use, check set limit. Find apps like market, g+, twitter, and other social apps. click and check "restrict background data".

go into settings, wireless & networks and uncheck nfc.

Make sure wifi, bluetooth, gps are unchecked when not in use on your power control widget.

I personally also uncheck auto sync on my power control widget.

Also when I use my phone as an ipod/mp3 player I turn off turn off auto sync and mobile data.

That has helped me. I will go 12 hours and at least have 30% battery life left with heavier use, 75 % left with light usage.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Op get the phone that works for you. But I must admit I get decent battery life. Underclocking with setcpu along with some other things really helped me along with the rom I am running. When my phone is in my pocket or when I am texting I turn mobile data off.

My tweaks:

Use setcpu to set screen off to 700/350

Go into settings, data use, check set limit. Find apps like market, g+, twitter, and other social apps. click and check "restrict background data".

go into settings, wireless & networks and uncheck nfc.

Make sure wifi, bluetooth, gps are unchecked when not in use on your power control widget.

I personally also uncheck auto sync on my power control widget.

Also when I use my phone as an ipod/mp3 player I turn off turn off auto sync and mobile data.

That has helped me. I will go 12 hours and at least have 30% battery life left with heavier use, 75 % left with light usage.

Curious....what ROM are you running?

Htown315

Reaction score
I'm calling user error. This was on stock battery and mostly 3g.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1326581447870.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326581447870.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 488
  • uploadfromtaptalk1326581464661.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1326581464661.png
    72 KB · Views: 360

doublea500

Reaction score
its amazing how many extended batteries verizon sold. its such a small increase that it barely does anything! im waiting for a real manly extended battery comes out. 3400+!

Htown315

Reaction score
Seidio has a 3800 coming out but it won't support nfc. What we really need is a new battery tech such as silver-zinc. Same size 50% more power. I'd pay 100 bucks for a stock size extended life battery.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Seidio has a 3800 coming out but it won't support nfc. What we really need is a new battery tech such as silver-zinc. Same size 50% more power. I'd pay 100 bucks for a stock size extended life battery.
Haven't heard of such a battery yet, but looking forward to this type of technology. I'm guessing it's still being researched or it's too expensive for consumers right now?

Also, I get great battery life with my Nexus, though we are all different types of users. Hope you enjoy the Razr Maxx when it comes out