Quit / Turn Off Music

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
@jimnutt - That is a truly brilliant analogy!

Funny how we were all so trained before the droid to obsess over memory usage.

the reasoning for this is because so many of us are ex-blackberry users and their notorious for memory leaks and battery usage.

NotAmused

Reaction score
Definately needs to be a "STOP" feature

My Music Randomly start playing without my permission, kicks me off my phone calls, wont turn off, killing the app doesnt stop it, pausing doesnt stop it, powering off the phone doesnt stop it..NOTHING stops it!! Even when I try to reconnect to my phone calls, its kicks me back off my call. This is SO annoying, I'm ready to throw it out the window. I came here hoping for an answer, but apparently there isnt one. It would be different if I started the music on myself ...but I never do, and I dont hit any wrong buttons, it just starts playing music randomly...very bizaar!!

What I eventually end up doing is powering off my phone for at least an hour...that works, but now I am unable to make calls....its a phone!!

Thanks for listening :)

i_b_pun1

Reaction score
Stop Music Player

I saw someone suggest going into settings> Applications> Running Services> you can stop the music player from here.

The idea that I could not stop music play back was bugging me.

NotAmused

Reaction score
Thanks so much! i ended up downloading the Winamp app and I haven't had a problem since. dancedroid I DID try what you said, and it looks as though that would work too! I appreciate your response! ^5 :)